Super Mario Galaxy review

Discuss all things console related

Super Mario Galaxy review

Postby Damian on Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:02 pm

Looking very forward to this, should certainly restore the franchise reputation after Sunshine.

http://www.deeko.com/nintendo_wii/revie ... asp?id=921

Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Re: Super Mario Galaxy review

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:52 pm

Yeah Im hopefull but I do like to explore in a Mario game. With these tiny worlds there doesnt seem to be much scope for that. Looks more like a series of small puzzles or something from what I've seen. Of course, playing it may well blow that idea out of the water.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:09 pm

Ok having read the review Im now happy. I too cannot wait to play this game although not to the extent that Mario Fanboi Damian obviously is! ;)
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Damian on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:28 pm

I just quickly flew to Japan and back to have a go at this game *ahem*, and it really is very impressive so far. Nostalgic mario meets next generation visuals and physics. Just need to hop back on a flight and play some more.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Damian on Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:48 pm

Another review:

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=31 ... ec=REVIEWS

Hard to decide is it is better than 64 or not, definitely hits the right tones. I would probably say equal considering 64's generation.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:51 pm

I haven't touched my Wii in about 5 months (not even turned it on once... maybe I should, if not to only make sure it still works!) but I' am certainly looking forward to this release; I pre-ordered this one back when Blue Dragon came out, and as we get closer to the release, I find myself thinking back on all the old classic Mario games from the past. I just hope that it's as good as SMW, SM3, and 64... here's hoping that it manages to combine the best of all three.

When does the game come out over in Europe? Here in Canada, it comes out on the 13th... I just hope my local EB gets it on that day (lately, they've been about a week late on 360 releases... something to do with our second official language friends over here... they're having printing delays for the French material in our Canadian games).
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby RabidYak on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:24 pm

I've got it preordered, althougth i've got to get round to finishing Super Paper Mario first and theres also RE:UC to get througth as well at the end of the month.

Definatly looking foward to it though, hopefully its good enough to make up for Sunshine and NSMB.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Return to Console Games