Arstechnica Looks At DS Lite

Discuss all things console related

Arstechnica Looks At DS Lite

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:44 am

The Nintendo DS has been a big success in both the United States and Japan, despite doubts of the product’s power and screen size in relation to the competition from Sony. Our original review of the device was positive, despite the fact that the first pass at the DS made the system look like something you kept makeup in. It was bulky. It was big. It just wasn’t sexy. You could impress people with the novel technology and the game play, but it just didn’t have that “wow” factor you got when you played with your PSP. When you put the two next to each other, one looked high tech and the other looked like a toy. The design of the DS simply isn’t aging well. Plus, it’s been about 1.7 years since Nintendo launched it, so they needed an excuse to get another system out there. Time for a redesign.

You can read more at arstechnica.

Old news I know but they might have some interesting things to say about it. Im getting a black one I think pretty much as soon as they come out because I get paid a few days before and they're only £100. I can then proceed to kick the missus' arse wirelessly!!
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Console Games