Everybody's favourite games!!

Sometimes Even Console Emulation Can be Deceptive

Everybody's favourite games!!

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:47 am

Ok so now I have the new PC I thought I would try some MAME. THing is...I cant remember which games ran like shit and which were fine. Also, I cant remember which games I used to like most.

Now....I would like to play Metal Slug 5 but I cant find the rom anywhere so we'll forget that one.
Over the weekend I played Crusin' World which played fine and was nice to have analog controls too. Gets boring though and I havent worked out how to stop it using UP on the analog stick to accellerate.

I tried a bit of Gunforce 2 also. Its funny when it slows down in the same places the original arcade machine would have done.

Anyway, eventually I ended up with about 30 games, all of which were not bad and since I havent used MAME in so long I thought I would post about it and see if people could post lists of their fav games. No Pac-man or Pac-manesque games please :)
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:55 pm

i havent played mame since im busy with bit torrents but heres a few for mame:

bagman -your a robber stealing money in a a-la maze system.you avoid the "police" if you call it that,and you can kill him with a pickaxe,well not really killing..but you get the point :lol:

dungeons and dragons series(capcom)-theres about 3 of them and all of them re pretty damn good

pitfall lost caverns-best translation of the series .better than those crappy ones out there

**majority of konami games**-that icludes the turtles and meta-morphasis

i have not updated mame since .99 or version 1.im usre theres alot more,but cant recall any,and im no tbothering thrying to run those chd images yet :wink:
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Class316 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:10 pm

MS5 sucks but I can send it to you on IRC if you want.

MS3 is awesome though.
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Zep on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:40 pm

Metal Slug 1, 2 and 3 are worth getting and playing through.

Haven't really emulated an arcade game in ages!

hmmm...

King Of Fighters 96-99 are brilliant (I'm gonna d/l '99 tonight actualy)
Samurai Showdown series was okay from what I can remember.
Double Dragon on the NeoGeo was quite good but everybody else hated it.
Ahhh.... and Last Blade 2 which is one of the best beat-em-ups I've played.

obviously there are all NeoGeo fighters, if I think of anything else, I'll post it.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:22 pm

I never liked the NeoGeo fighting games. Mainly because I played SF2 before any of them and so got used to that.

Love the Metal Slug games, was playing MS4 in MAME the other night which I havent played in a little while but yeah all of em are good. I just wanna play MS5 because I played it in an arcade in Australia and would like to relive the memory.

I wonder if Buggy Boy ever got emulated properly?? I loved the Amiga version of that.

Theres a few games that I wanted to try that are not working properly in MAME such as Raiden 2. I'll carry on my method of looking through the most recently dated games on the mame rom list and seeing if they are any good.

Im like everybody else here. I havent emulated a game since 0.57 or something like that. Im not really interested to see how much has been added since then, I just wanna play some good games.

It was nice to play Rampage World Tour in absolute perfect speed though.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:19 pm

..... on a sort of related note......

Does anybody know the name of a wild west light gun game like lethal enforces?

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:37 am

Err....do you mean the movie one called Mad Dog McCree?
That'd be a hell of a download mate. Those were laserdisc games I think.

Although....lethal enforcers used the digitised stills didnt it? Hmm......I remember playing something but I could be wrong. Thinking about it it might have just been a bonus level in a different game.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:38 am

That's the one!

There are some true light un version on the 3DO, Sega CD, and CDI. Now to find out if it's been emulated.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:56 pm

Yeah MDMcree was a laserdisc game. You might find another version somewhere, I'd be interested to see some screenies if you do get a version running old bean!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:17 pm

Better late then never - back trouble, useless wog doctors, work shit, family shit and all sorts of other crap.

You can get Mad Dog McCree from the company that does the Dragons Lair DVDs and all that, but last time I checked they only did in DVD video format (as in play on your DVD player with your remote). Its not supported by Daphne, so your SOL if you want to play it in its original arcade form. I got a copy off the front of some Playstation 2 magazine about a year and a half ago, i'll dig it out and review if anyone is still interested.

Last I checked there was no movement on Buggy Boy, nasty maths hardware IIRC.

Aside from the MAME games I usually carp on about, i'd recommend Puzz Loop, Elevator Action Returns and Rayforce. Outfoxies still lacks sound, but is well worth playing if you can get past that. Metamorphic Force is worth playing througth once as well.

Since I hardley ever talk about console games - TMNT:TF, Cybernator and Super Punch-Out on the SNES are all great games you don't hear much about these days.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Zep on Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:22 am

RabidYak wrote:I got a copy off the front of some Playstation 2 magazine about a year and a half ago, i'll dig it out and review if anyone is still interested.

That would be cool. I have very vague memories of wasting so many pounds in this machine just cause it was live action.

RabidYak wrote:Since I hardley ever talk about console games - TMNT:TF, Cybernator and Super Punch-Out on the SNES are all great games you don't hear much about these days.

Cybernator!! I've been trying to remember the name of this game for a couple of weeks now. From what I remember it's fucking great.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby RabidYak on Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:39 pm

Comments and a few screenies for Mad Dog down in General now.

Cybernator is indeed a great game, they only gripes I have with it is that the shooting direction control is press-and-hold rather then entirely independent and that the difficulty curve makes it difficult to get into if your out of pracitice. Theres a PS2 remake in Japan, but apparently it sucks.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:28 pm

Im gonna grab me some of these!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Console Emulation