My new job

Post Jokes and Topics of Amusement here

My new job

Postby Zep on Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:43 pm

This probably should be in the real life section.

Out of pure bordom today I decided to get a job. Being the arogant cunt that I am (no really), I applied for a managerial job at telephone call centre THAT I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS FOR. Somehow, by pure drunk luck (no, really) I managed to talk my way through everything and get the job. They gave me a trial period and it was a breeze. I start Monday. Let the drinking commence.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby adidas on Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:55 pm

quite possibly the strangest "So I got this job..." story I've heard recently. Congratulations?

:lol:
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:43 am

Hahaha grats Zep!! Whats the money like?

I just recently got made redundant for the second time. Oh yes the fun fun fun that is my life.

I was working for an IT company on a Home Office site and it was my job to look after and distribute all the IT. Everything from servers to memory, digital cameras to printers came through my department and was tagged, recorded, sometimes played with and then sent to the relevant places if necessary. THen they had cutbacks in my area and last in first out as they say. It was only me and one other guy in there and he's working his arse off now and cant cope but thats top management for you. Cant make a proper decision.

Anyway I applied internally and now have another job with the same company in a different Home Office building. This time its a desk job though and I really liked the old one. First job Ive ever had that I genuinely liked and I get made redundant 4.5 months into it. Bastards.

Anyway now Im back at the desk, browsing the net and the rest of the crap that goes with a desk job. Its not a tough one and the money is the same which is still the most I've ever earned. Im in my second week at the moment.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:01 am

Silverhaze wrote:Anyway I applied internally and now have another job with the same company in a different Home Office building. This time its a desk job though and I really liked the old one. First job Ive ever had that I genuinely liked and I get made redundant 4.5 months into it. Bastards.

Anyway now Im back at the desk, browsing the net and the rest of the crap that goes with a desk job. Its not a tough one and the money is the same which is still the most I've ever earned. Im in my second week at the moment.

Cool, one day you might turn into Neo too!

Seriously though, that's a fuck about your old job. What bastards!

I only applied for tmy job out of pure bordeom. The pay is basicaly a little over minimum wage and I'm going to be doing part time, so only a few hours per week. I basically have to motivate a team of cold callers (fuckerrrrrrrrssss) and help them get there sales. I get a bonus for how well my team does (probably a mars bar, the office is really ghetto).

I'm studying at college right now and working in as a muscian too - I like to keep myself as busy as possible during the week, but during the weekends it's "situation I don't give a fuck". This job's pay will basically go towards some new hardware like fans and heatsinks so I can overclock my computer and guitar hardware too. It's certainly not enough to pay for the rent :(

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:08 pm

Ghetto! Well does it at least have internet access? That might be a saving grace.

Whats min wage these days?? Last I heard it was about £4.75p/h or something. Last temp job I was in I was getting £6.50p/h which equated to about £198 per week after tax.

Yeah work that out if you like, it comes to something terrible like 9k a year.

Im on more than double that now which isnt bad considering the area I work in isnt renowned for its high wage rate.

Cold callers eh? Well just remember, the land line in my house is registered with Caller Preference. No calling me up or I'll get ya busted ;)
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:44 pm

So Zep, please tell us how the new cushy job is going?
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:42 pm

I'll be straight with you.

I want to kill myself.

Imagine the stupidest person you know. Now make them unatractive, angry and a little bit high from crack from last night. Now imagine 30 people like this (men and women).

This is who I have to lead and motivate.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. Shit, when I'm drunk I make claims to important people that just aren't true, but JESUS CHRIST why are these people so stupid? It's as though television has been there one parent/teacher/sex buddy/friend all their lives. Maybe they were just underprivalged kids?

Either way, if I last 'till the end of the month I know I'm crazy.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Class316 on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:09 pm

If I see a job I have no qualifications for I just ignore it. Maybe I should try anyway :shock:
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby were on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:11 pm

doenst sound like a good job.

you better watch your back zep and start "kissin" ass to the higher reps.if the agents are like that on the floor,i cant imagine the higher ups are like :((

give the team some pizza fo reaching goals :lol:
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Zep on Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:51 pm

were wrote:give the team some pizza fo reaching goals :lol:

Damn good idea

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:41 am

at work,we get pizza or chicken if were team of the week

all they care is attendance..if you arrive at work you dont get fired,same time,you cant tell a client off on the phone,regardless if their a prick.. :wink:
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:48 am

We used to get stuff like that. Still, does Zep wanna spent £50 of his hard earned money to get pizza in for his team if they are doing well?

Is Zep even still employed??

Has his street fighting ways got him the elbow for turning up black and blue? ;)
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Humour