Russia: Hobbits, Elfs and Skiffs Also Live here

Post Jokes and Topics of Amusement here

Russia: Hobbits, Elfs and Skiffs Also Live here

Postby Class316 on Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:13 pm

The population census which is currently held in Russia has revealed rather unbelievable things: as it turned out, hobbits, elfs and skiffs are habitual for Russia, as some of them live in the country. The first two ?peoples? have been discovered in the Russian city of Perm, and skiffs are said to be living in Rostov-on-Don. According to the Russian online source Regions.ru, a group of Perm teenagers put down their nationality as hobbits and elfs in the census papers. The young people are fans of books by John Ronald Rowel Tolkien (hobbits and elfs are magic peoples from Tolkien?s books living close to people).

Thirty residents from the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don say their nationality is skiff. Russia?s Minister for National Policy Vladimir Zorin says: ?Now when the Nationality column is removed from a new form of the Russian passports, population census is the only way to get a picture of the country?s national structure. And nationality is what people themselves think they belong to.?

Chairman of the Russian State Statistics Committee Vladimir Sokolin said on the census? eve that ?what nationality people call themselves, that will be put down in census papers: a Cossack or even a Martian.?

Things of this kind happened during a population census recently held in Australia: over 70,000 people said they followed ?the Jedi religion? and inserted the religion in the census papers.

http://english.pravda.ru/main/2002/10/14/38142.html
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:49 am

Yes that happened in the UK too. I myself put jedi as my religion on my census form and then they threatened everybody with a £150 fine the bastards. Heh still didnt stop us though.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby M on Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:25 am

I put Chickenhead. ^^

- M
M
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:18 pm

Chickenhead lol

Where are you from btw Yello?

also, why have I become a newbie?
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Super Kipper on Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:30 pm

AhahahahahAHAHAHahahAHAHAHA! :lol: Damn newbie! :lol: :P

Oh. Wait a second......... :cry:
Super Kipper
PCB Member
PCB Member

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:48 pm

Hmm an old saying about a pot and a kettle and maybe some black springs to mind young man ;)
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby M on Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:37 pm

You didn't get it? It was a class joke. The black peoples say chickenhead a lot and I'm far from black. (Chinese, but living in TX) ^^

- M
M
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Return to Humour