Torneko

Your non electronic life.

Moderator: RabidYak

Torneko

Postby Sakura T W on Mon May 21, 2001 2:08 am

I tried to get responses for my questions from Enix but they never answered them.

Were action figures or models of the characters from Torneko:Last Hope sold in Japan? Are the pictures of models used by Akira Toriyama while designing the characters?

There are many more examples of these on the enix site.

Where did these models go(Enix or Akira)? Is claymation in the game?

The jewel case's front cover has a few clay figures or some kind of statues on it. This leads me to believe they were used in the development of the characters and never were sold in any way.

Does anyone know if there was any merchandise, toys, etc. based on this game?
Sakura T W
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Torneko

Postby Pdaimaoh on Mon May 21, 2001 5:29 pm

hell yes there are toys
have you ever been to japan?

they probably came from one of those cheapo gumball machine things...the kind that have little crappy plastic toys inside plastic bubble packages (of course, in japan, the plastic toys are slightly less crappy than in "the states")
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Torneko

Postby Sakura T W on Mon May 21, 2001 7:29 pm

The figures or statues look a little too big for the largest plastic bubbles. I wanted info about a few of the items which are known to have come out. Not every game or cartoon gets a toy, even if all the other charaters get a toy(eg Yuffie from FF7 and possibly all of FF9).

This picture above especially looks as if it is made of clay. This makes me uncertain about toys existing or that these models were mass produced and sold. The picture below looks too highly detailed and large to belong in a bubble.

[ 21 May 2001: Message edited by: Sakura T W ]
Sakura T W
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Torneko

Postby Pdaimaoh on Tue May 22, 2001 3:24 am

well I wasn't saying that any toy relating to a videogame would only be in a vending machine! yeesh
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Return to Real Life