Blue Hawk: Question about FFtactics OST

Your non electronic life.

Moderator: RabidYak

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sat Feb 23, 2002 11:36 pm

while I thought I had d/l the whole two discs, I felt there was at least one song missing

I couldn't place it for the longest time, but there is a track called "commander in training"

and that's the 'mellow' version, that usually plays at the beginning of the battles that are going to play the song that seems to be missing

as I looked around, there are many MIDI music pages, and several have a track called "bervenia free city" and this is the track that seems to be missing

since you say you bought the OST, I was wondering if you could check that and see if it's on there or not

(this music plays during the Nelveska Temple fight, too)

http://fftjrc_2.tripod.com/

if you scroll down a bit, they have the 'Bervenia Free City' midi to compare against...

since my memory sucks, if Blue Hawk isn't the guy that has the OST, whoever it is probably is also reading this anyway, right?

peace!
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:45 am

I don't bump stuff, I intentionally slam into it

"GET MOVING OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!!"

road rage has been building within me for several months now, as I have had to drive on 70 and 71 during first shift hours

going in is bad enough, but going home is fucking utter bullshit
it moved faster when there was CONSTRUCTION GOING ON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

and would it KILL people to USE THEIR FRIGGIN SIGNAL FOR LANE CHANGES????

not even really mellow jazz music can calm me down sometimes...
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby Pdaimaoh on Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:57 am

thanks for the email, and I feel like a dumbass for not being clear

I have that track, commander in training, already

I am looking for the battle version of it

do you have the game?

in many fights, there are story elements before you fight, during this time, a mellow version of the battle song is played

like in Nelveska Temple, when the robot is charging up, the COMMANDER IN TRAINING song plays, but when the FIGHT screen comes up and you start the battle, a louder, faster, more uhh robust version plays

that's the thing I'm looking for

if you said there are 71 tracks, then I have them all and that song is NOT on the OST (FUCK!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKx100000000000)

the link to the 'bervenia free city' midi file is a midi of the song I was looking for

it's okay, but still a midi

if I could somehow rip it from the game, I'd be much happier, so I should probably look, but I know other square games don't use the .xa format and use some goofball way of storing the tracks...

anyway, thanks again for the trouble!
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby Blue Hawk on Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:56 am

yeah thats me with the ost. *looks at book in jewel case only to find out he cant read japanese* lol. how mny tracks did you get total? there are a total of 71 tracks on the 2 disks. once i get a translation, i can find it for you and make the mp3. but i cant upload it to my site. stupid tripod. but if you have an ftp i can up it to there for you. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

edit- found the track name. its track 10 on disk 1. ill have it turned into an mp3 and i have your email. ill try to send it there. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

[ 24 February 2002: Message edited by: Blue Hawk ]
Blue Hawk
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Return to Real Life