Old school, here I come, any followers?

Your non electronic life.

Moderator: RabidYak

Postby M on Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:10 pm

Well, I just purchased a SNES(new version), Genesis(3rd version), Neo Geo AES(home), Neo Geo CD(first version), Nintenso(top-loader), Saturn, Sega CD(and 32x add on), and a lot of games. Too many, and I mean, way too many to count. I bought it all from a collector of mine that was needing a new car and was selling lots of his gaming stuff. Amazingly that was only about 20% of it. I told him to sell everything on Ebay, but he doesn't want to go through all the trouble of it all and would much rather sell in person. It was fine with me. Everything I bought was in gorgeous condition. Most of the games were mint, and the SNES and Genesis were sealed in the boxes. I got it all for a whopping $1700.

I know, I know. It's a lot of money, but if you really look at it. I saved a lot. About 50 dollars for the SNES, Genesis, NES, and the Saturn. I paid 200 for the AES and 150 for the Neo Geo CD. Then about 100 for the Sega CD and the 32X addon. Then I paid 1000 for all of the games.

5 top games:

1. Metal Slug 3
2. King of Fighter 2000
3. Star Ocean 1 (jap snes)
4. Sengoku 3
5. All of the rares

Now you are probably asking yourself, how the hell did he afford all of that shit. I work on cars and Manage a Baskin Robbins. Plus I do a little web design on the side. It wasn't a huge chunk out of my savings, but it was big. I just had to jump at the deal.

Anyway, who here is gonna start buying up all of the old systems for collection? I think it is an awesome place to invest some money. I have many rares that are new, sealed that will grow in value.

Well, that's all, Peace.

P.S. I was really bored.
M
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby ivwshane on Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:31 pm

Bored? I'll say [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I don't own a 2x or neo geo but I do own the rest as well as other systems and a couple of games (very few are in mint condition though).

What type of cars do you work on? And wha type of work?
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby M on Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:12 pm

I install and replace car alarms. It's not too bad of a job, especially when you get to go inside the really nice cars. I once got inside a Porsche 911 and a Diablo. Can you say clean? ^_^
M
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby adidas on Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:25 pm

I just can't afford to spend that kind of money on gaming.. that's why I got into emulation in the first place, and warez
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Feb 15, 2002 7:04 pm

I nearly got my hands on a C64 the other day but my bloody dad didnt hear my sister tell him I wanted it and he took it down to the dump with a load of other stuff and chucked it out into the rain. ARRRGH!!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby ivwshane on Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:51 pm

Bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Return to Real Life