Battle Beasts!!!!

Your non electronic life.

Moderator: RabidYak

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Pdaimaoh on Fri Aug 31, 2001 1:58 pm

from Emux so long ago, I remember this discussion which reminded me of these little toys

never could find out the name, then I just happened upon it yesterday!

WOW!
they were originally part of the japanese transformers univers, called beastformers

and they command an unreasonable price!!! I really wish my aunt hadn't helped my mom 'clean up' the house, including my old room
a lot of the old toys got thrown in the trash! and I know I had/have the 'blue armor' tiger that's apparently worth more than it should be (hell 10 bucks for one of those little fucks is ridiculous!)
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby adidas on Fri Aug 31, 2001 6:10 pm

Man, when I was little I had Star Wars action figures, GI Joe action figures, He-Man, etc. etc. I had them all.

The only toys that I didn't destroy were my beloved hot wheels! I still have a full box of them. I also have some from when my uncle was a kid.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby mr rom on Fri Aug 31, 2001 9:16 pm

i had a Shitload of Hotwheels, but i seem to remember throwing them all away. i never really liked those rediculous little collectible cars. i might have a few left in the basement, i'll probably end up throwing those away too. but the only toy that i would collect, are those original Ninja turtles toys. i must have over 50 of them. heh, about a month ago i was on Ebay some guy selling about 70 of them, 6 still in the box, he had like 5 bids, and it was at 680$!

[ 31 August 2001: Message edited by: mr rom ]
mr rom
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sat Sep 01, 2001 12:04 am

what kind of sick fuck buys a toy and doesn't play with it???

I wish I knew that EVERYONE selling ancient toys in boxes were people that ganked em out of some warehouse before they went to the landfill
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Megaman X on Sat Sep 01, 2001 5:29 am

I've still got a Boba Fett Star Wars figure in it's package that I purchased a few years ago. Maybe one day I can sell it and buy some tacos. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I've had tons of Transformers and other toys that helpful "cleaning" has eliminated. The thought of all that money being thrown away makes ya sick, doesn't it?
Megaman X
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Silverhaze on Sat Sep 01, 2001 6:34 am

I had heaps of Transformers, He-Man figures including Greyskull and Snake Mountain, Mask Figures and Vehicles plus Boulder Mountain. *deep breath* Ton of Star Wars stuff, M-Falcon, Tie-Fighter, Att-att, Scout Walkers etc etc loads of Zoids and a box full of Matchbox and Hotwheels cars with all the twisty tracks and launchers and stuff. Gave most of it to my little bro which ended up being lost, broken or sold at boot sales and my mum cleaned the rest out.

Doh!!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Sat Sep 01, 2001 7:36 am

I've got all the Aliens figures (from the movie) still in their packages... but that's only because I was too old to play with them when they were released (around 8 years ago)... not too many were sold, and I bet most ended up in a landfill... maybe worth some money some day... but I probably won't need the money by then.

[ 01 September 2001: Message edited by: TheLastKamikaze ]
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Damian on Sun Sep 02, 2001 5:45 pm

Most expensive Transformer = Fortress Maximus
Fetching price = $500 +
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Sep 03, 2001 4:55 pm

Never even heard of it.

Last Transformer I ever got was probably the re-released Optimus with the car carry thing on the back instead of the grey trailor.

Also that triple changer train/tank/robot thing too.

Never had an insecticon, I thought those sucked. No way did they come even close to the Dinobots. My overall favourites!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby RabidYak on Mon Sep 03, 2001 11:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverhaze:
<STRONG>Never even heard of it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So big, you could flatten a small child with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
<STRONG>Last Transformer I ever got was probably the re-released Optimus with the car carry thing on the back instead of the grey trailor.</STRONG>

Ultra Magnus

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
<STRONG>Also that triple changer train/tank/robot thing too.</STRONG>

Take your pick - Train/Shuttle/Robot is Astrotrain, Tank/Jet/Robot is Blitzwing.

[ 03 September 2001: Message edited by: RabidYak ]
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Megaman X on Tue Sep 04, 2001 4:38 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RabidYak:
<STRONG>So big you could flatten a small child with it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. No, that honor had to goto the G.I. Joe Defiant. Anyone remember that? It was a big ass space shuttle with a launchpad and everything. It cost over $100 and had to weight at least 50 pounds. The crank on the back couldn't lift it under it's own power. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 03 September 2001: Message edited by: Homer J. ]
Megaman X
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Sep 04, 2001 1:23 pm

Yeah astrotrain that was it!

Sure I had a tank one too but maybe not.

Ultra Magnus was that white Optimus too. You are just Mr Autobot aint ya Yak?

Homer J, I dont think we had GI Joe stuff over here until after Transformers left our shelves but it may have been that I was too old and lost interest.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby RabidYak on Wed Sep 05, 2001 2:31 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverhaze:
<STRONG>Homer J, I dont think we had GI Joe stuff over here until after Transformers left our shelves but it may have been that I was too old and lost interest.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had GI Joe under the name of Action Force. I think it was knocking around here around midlate 80s/early 90s.

Anyone remember the SF2 Joes? Euuuuggghhhh, now thats shameless brand-whoring.

[ 04 September 2001: Message edited by: RabidYak ]
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby jurucyber on Wed Sep 05, 2001 2:40 am

I loved the Z-Force and Cobra range of Action Force series.The Chameleon swamp guy on the sled was cool,and i loved the vehicles .I even remember when the action figures were just moulded plastic,without the movable joints. I think they were origianly meant to be a spin-off of the Action Man series,but i dont remember that toy very well.
jurucyber
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Damian on Wed Sep 05, 2001 2:41 am

I have no recollection of these toys whatsoever, Please enlighten me. What they had a Ryu Joe?
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby RabidYak on Wed Sep 05, 2001 3:50 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DamianMoran:
<STRONG>I have no recollection of these toys whatsoever, Please enlighten me. What they had a Ryu Joe?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, have a look at the pics here (top right list) - http://www.yojoe.com/action/93/
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby jurucyber on Wed Sep 05, 2001 7:19 am

Heh,now this is going back!

My cousin gave me his entire Action Force (which became GI Joe eventualy) collection,but i was too old to play with them,i just remember the look of them.

Action Force Figures

[ 05 September 2001: Message edited by: jurucyber ]
jurucyber
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:22 pm

Yeah I remember now.

I wasnt really into that sort of thing though. I had a couple of action man toys but didnt play with them much.

I was into Zoids and Technic Lego and building stuff. I had a mate that had a shit load of those model aeroplanes on fishing line all over his ceiling but I was different. The ones of those things that I did get I built and then tested to destruction usually by covering them in some kind of flamable liquid, lighting them and throwing them off my roof while making crashing noises.

Actually, I think thats what happened to my he-man stuff too goddammit!! Why was I such a pyro?!?

I was such a pyro that me and a mate once set light to a can of butane for refilling clipper lighters and stuff. Holy shit!!! Anybody ever seen one of those things go off??? LMAO now thats what I call a FIREBALL!!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:27 pm

LOL those SF2 joe figures are total crap of the smelliest kind! Check out Blanka and Zan-Grief!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Pdaimaoh on Fri Sep 07, 2001 4:21 pm

Zartan was the coolest Joe toy of all time, changing color in the sun/heat

he ruled! plus in the cartoons, the first ones I remember seeing were from the weather dominator miniseries, and he was the badass that decided to screw over cobra and take a piece for himself to sell to the highest bidder!

what a fuckin cool motherfucker!!!

hey, I had the transformer city for awhile! that thing was cool! had a little cheap transformer car, too, that one of my bitch cousins stole!

umm
for ACTION FORCE, did they have a different theme song? I mean, you can't really say 'real american hero' for the euro kids, right?
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Silverhaze on Sat Sep 08, 2001 4:33 am

SO THANKYOU MISTER, FOR GIVING US ALL A BIGGER WEENER!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby RabidYak on Sat Sep 08, 2001 4:59 am

I presume it had a different theme, but its been so damn long since ive seen the show I cant remember what it was like.

Ive been reading the Transformers comics online for the past couple of weeks and some badass shit occurs in those, makes the TV show look like Sesame Street.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Battle Beasts!!!!

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sat Sep 08, 2001 8:37 am

hey! don't dis gung ho! you bitch!

you probably think bert and ernie are gay

man, I'll kick your ass!
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Next