4th of July

Your non electronic life.

Moderator: RabidYak

4th of July

Postby adidas on Mon Jul 02, 2001 6:02 am

The fourth of July sucks.

The hillbilly fucks that live in my neighborhood for some reason think that they should shoot off fireworks for a period of a month starting two weeks before the 4th. This week it's kicking into high gear starting today.

My only hope is that whoever is shooting them off blows off an arm, and maybe that will teach them not to disturb other people with their hillbilly antics.

When they do blow off their arm, I'm going to go dance a jig in front of them, and make fun of them because I have two arms and they will have one.

On previous years, I've asked nicely for people to shoot the fireworks off on the 4th, and I've asked not so nicely. Nothing gets through their Neanderthal skulls besides "fireworks pretty, make big noise"
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

4th of July

Postby Megaman X on Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:52 am

Ahh but your missing the whole point of the 4th of July. If you can't reason with'em, get bigger fireworks and blow them away. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Megaman X
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

4th of July

Postby Damian on Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:52 am

Adidas me old chappie, I must confess to being tickled pink by your commentry.

Over here we also have a similar deficiency. On one day in November, (can't remember which) we celebrate Guy Fawks day as I am sure you know. Because of this "gift" many persons choose to launch their fireworks many days before the event and MANY days after, especially when the said materials get slashed in price by 50%.

I always set out the fireworks each year but I have a problem, recently (the last 2 years) it has been raining quite frequently during the event which = very soft earth.

As such would prescribe the planted fireworks droop to an angular position at which point they are no longer pretty display items, but dangerous projectiles. Last year (or was it the year before?) the "works" were slanted in our direction and it as like WW2 in our garden. We managed to take shelter in the pool but one of the rockets missed me by less than a metre. Damn that would sting, but of course not kill (unless I had soaked myself in petroleum).

Apparently at July 4th at Disney they have a world map that ignites or something, not, sure if this is a different celebration though.

[ 02 July 2001: Message edited by: DamianMoran ]
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

4th of July

Postby Damian on Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:54 am

Woah, we posted in the exact same minute, I feel spiritual.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

4th of July

Postby Pdaimaoh on Mon Jul 02, 2001 4:22 pm

what's with people setting off the 'works at four in the morning? that's getting on my nerves, but where I live it's hard to tell if it's fireworks or guns! geez

it's always cheap noisy shit, too
no one ever sets off the colorful stuff!
I remember when I used to buy fireworks, and dammit, if it didn't have colors it was SHIT

you could buy a brick (50 packs) of black cats that just sounded like a cheap machine gun, or for one measly dollar more you could get a brick of jumping jacks
who the fuck would buy black cats?? only the dumbasses
it didn't help that those "mix n match" packs always had 90% noise and then a split of smoke or color stuff

the best things I ever saw were those mortar/shell lookign things...for class C shit, those looked the most like a miniature version of a killer fireworks show

and as far as blowing off an arm, I've held the cheap ass commercial M60's, and it hurts like hell, but it won't even take off your finger! so none of the shit your neighbor's got will do the trick

also, we used to have WARS with our fireworks! we would buy those 200 packs of moon screamers or other cheap ass bottle rockets and then run around shooting them at each other! the best was one year someone brought a shitload of 'saturn packs' that are just boxes with 25 or 100 bottle rocket 'heads' that all go off about the same time! it's like anime rockets! cool and deadly!!

the worst besides noisemakers are those Roman Candles in the mostly blue paper/package..they just shoot off a few tiny balls of color! you'd need about fifty of them to look cool at all! plus if you try to hold one and shoot at people with the balls, it burns! and the balls don't even go very far!

btw, what did Guy Fawks do?
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

4th of July

Postby Damian on Mon Jul 02, 2001 11:55 pm

Guy Fawks formulated the gunpowder plot, this was a plot to blow up parliment with barrals of gunpowder. Unfortunately this plot was discovered and Guy Fawks was executed.

On fireworks day we alos have a large bonfire which we then throw into it a "Guy" made up of clothes and stuffing. Not sure if he was executed in this manner though.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

4th of July

Postby Pdaimaoh on Tue Jul 03, 2001 1:41 am

so let me get this straight...

some dude wanted to terrorize people by blowing shit up

and he was caught and executed

so in honor of XXXXXXX
you blow stuff up, including an effigy of this guy?

wouldn't it be wiser to celebrate by executing the effigy the way he was executed? or did they take his explosives and blow his ass up?

or are you celebrating that he tried to blow up parliament, and you all wish he would've done it?
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

4th of July

Postby adidas on Tue Jul 03, 2001 2:20 am

You must live in one hell of a neighborhood, PD
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

4th of July

Postby Megaman X on Tue Jul 03, 2001 5:23 am

While kinda on the tame side, bumblebee fountains are noisy as hell and very colorful.

Heheh...I thought I was the only one who was insane enough to do the "war with rockets" scenario. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'm pretty found of the small honeycombs which are almost self contained fireworks shows themselves but I'll be damned if I can remember the name of them...Satellites I think.

(BTW, nothing less that m-100 or m-80 for limb exploding fun will do. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img])
Megaman X
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

4th of July

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jul 03, 2001 4:38 pm

It would be pretty damn boring to stand around looking at a stuffed guy hanging from its neck in a mock up gallows wouldnt it?

Thats why we blow shit up instead!! And hoo-fucking-ray for it too!! I love fireworks so long as they cost more than £15 per work. Anything under that is likely to do absolutely bugger all. We have a fireworks party each year and the basic rule is £15-£20 and upwards please. No box sets. Each year people turn up with monsters like you've never seen and oh HOW much fun is it to drown out all those lame wankers and their mini rockets and bangers that cost 50p for 10.

What I really want is a deathstar!! This is the biggest firework of them all and is (I think) almost as big as a Mini. It cant be launched in built up areas for obvious reasons but damn!! Wouldnt it be so cool to watch every window in your neighbourhood blow out!!! LOL THat would teach those inbred redneck banjo players and would most likely blow a lot more than one arm off too!!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

4th of July

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jul 04, 2001 1:48 pm

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY ADIDAS!!!

Image Image Image [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04 July 2001: Message edited by: Silverhaze ]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

4th of July

Postby Damian on Wed Jul 04, 2001 2:06 pm

You do realise that you're supporting the fact that we lost to them in the war of independance. It wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that all this time later, Americans still go on about the fact, and about helping us out in World War 2 lol.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

4th of July

Postby Megaman X on Wed Jul 04, 2001 6:40 pm

I think the support is more for the freedom that we celebrate every year.

Every countryman/woman should be proud of the sacrifices that their ancestors have made to make their country what it is (or if you think it sucks, what it has the potential to become).

I'm not crazy about the 2 weeks of fireworks as Adidas puts it, but I still love the 4th of July for it's real meaning in history.

Now, if you'll excuse me....I've gotta use my freedom to call the police on those "hillbilly fucks". [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Megaman X
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

4th of July

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jul 04, 2001 7:12 pm

Yeah I know what its all about. As far as I am concerned, whats in the past should be left in the past and not dredged up all the damn time. Slavery is the one that pisses me off. They just wont let it go will they. Nobody ever mentions the fact that England was one of, if not the first place to abolish it but I'd rather forget about it. I wasnt there, I had nothing to do with it, so forget it. Unless these people just need something to complain about. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE AND FREEDOM. What you have of it that is.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

4th of July

Postby adidas on Wed Jul 04, 2001 7:29 pm

I accept the fireworks today, it is the 4th of July. I just can't understand why other people feel the need to disturb the peace at midnight on a work night on previous nights and the following nights.

That's ok though. On a mild night, I'm going to drive down the street at about 2 or 3 in the morning. Hopefully if the temperature is just right the air conditioners will be off and the windows will be open.

Then I'm going to drive up and down the street, blowing the horn in my truck.

It won't stop next year's idiocy, but at least I'll feel better knowing that I disturbed their peace.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

4th of July

Postby jurucyber on Thu Jul 05, 2001 1:32 am

"Yes,celebrate your country by blowing up a small bit of it".

Those turdballs who let off Fireworks BEOFRE and AFTER November need shooting,preferably
up their rear passage with thier own catherine wheels.
jurucyber
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

4th of July

Postby Pdaimaoh on Thu Jul 05, 2001 3:21 am

yay! it seems everyone around here has premature ejaculation problems! hehehe

last night the works stopped BEFORE TWO IN THE MORNING!

I haven't heard shit all day, either! woooohooooooooo!!!

...wait...I can't hear winamp either...?

..or my television

wtf?

OH SHIT I'M DEAF!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this is temporary
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

4th of July

Postby adidas on Thu Jul 05, 2001 3:26 am

More Simpsons references from Jurucyber! lol That was a good one, too.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

4th of July

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jul 05, 2001 1:39 pm

LMFAO!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

4th of July

Postby Damian on Thu Jul 05, 2001 7:39 pm

LOL PD
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

4th of July

Postby adidas on Sat Jul 07, 2001 6:35 pm

Those redneck bastards were setting off fireworks at 2 am last night, I don't know who it was, but it was somewhere near by
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

4th of July

Postby Silverhaze on Sat Jul 07, 2001 7:57 pm

LOL
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Real Life