While we're on the subject...

Your non electronic life.

Moderator: RabidYak

While we're on the subject...

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:02 pm

Blame Sluggy she started it!

Whats the worst injury you have ever received?

Ive been pretty lucky really, had many near misses but my older sister pushed me out of a tree when I was about 6. I caught my ankle in the crook of a branch, hung by my broken leg for a few seconds before falling and landing on my head.
THen because I could still wiggle my toes my mum convinced herself it wasnt broken (never mind the searing pain). As it was still painful the next day we went to the hospital. On the bus mind as the hospital wouldnt send an ambulance. Pfft.

Well, as they say - Its character building. :roll:
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Damian on Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:59 pm

I was once opening this rather thick manila envelope and managed to get this nasty little cut on my pinkie :cry:
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby RabidYak on Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:51 pm

I once landed on the lower part of one of my legs and bent it back a fair bit further then it should go. Didn't do any serious damage, but it hurt like hell an it still aches ocassionaly 10 or so years later.

I broke my toe once as well, but it didn't actually hurt all that much and it healed up perfectly.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:32 pm

when i was 15 coming home from school..i noticed my foot felt really squishy.I took my shoe off and there was an inch of a shard glass clinging on the bottom of my foot soaked with blood.

It didnt hurt but i did lose quite a bit of blood on that day.

turns out the glass cut a vein and i couldnt walk on my foot for about 2-3 weeks.Other that that, it healed ok
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby the ox on Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:39 pm

I nearly lost my left leg because as a child I was so fat, and i was playing outside and slid on my knees in the grass and all my weight coming down plus with my jeans being so tight it ripped apart my leg!! I had 125 stitches :x
the ox
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby adidas on Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:43 pm

holy crap ox!

On the first day I learned to ride my bicycle, I fell and broke my arm.

I've had several sprains due to basketball, and only have ever broken fingers since breaking the arm.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:35 am

Holy damn Ox!! Photos please if you can still see the scar!!

I had my big sister throw a traffic cone at me once. I dodged that but fell over onto some of that nasty concrete with the stones in it. I sliced my hand open but it wasnt bad enough to require stitches. Did bleed a shitload though.

Also, one new year's eve me and some friends were pissing about when somebody pushed me backwards onto a sofa. My head snapped back over the back of the sofa and hit a corner of a wall. I spent New Year's day morning in casualty and had 3 stitches and some superglue in my head. FUnny thing was, nothing hurt at all until I actually got to hospital where they stuck a needle into my head.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Real Life