Life sucks then you die!

Your non electronic life.

Moderator: RabidYak

Life sucks then you die!

Postby adidas on Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:27 pm

Who else here has a job that they hate?

Is it worse to hate your job than be unemployed, I wonder? I suppose there are advantages and disadvantages to each scenario...

Only 1,000,000 more years of college then maybe I'll be able to get a real job :P
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby ivwshane on Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:34 pm

It's better to have no job if what you are doing will help you get a job that will make you happy.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby M on Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:02 am

I'v hated a few jobs, but I still think being unemployed is much worse than hating your job.
M
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby release on Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:10 am

what do you do for your job ?
Cheers,

Release.
release
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby adidas on Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:15 pm

I work in a warehouse... hours that I hate, people that (for the most part) I don't care for, and it's an hour and a half round trip for me to drive there every day...

When I posted thisI was just thinking about how classes are ending for the summer and therefore I will have to work a full schedule again :?

Ten hour days turn into twelve hour days when you work that far away

Then you have to come home and go to bed in an hour or so because you have to get up at 4:30 am the next day

Just waiting for the right opening and I'm out of there..with the poor economy I don't know how long that will take though
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby ivwshane on Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:16 am

I hear you and I feel for you:(
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby KoHC on Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:31 am

Being unemployed is worse than hating your job IMO. Unless you have money to burn, unemployed means you'll have to worry about bills and food.... Not a pretty picture....
KoHC
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:52 am

employed =
:annoyed
:angry
:depressed
:regular source of income

unemployed =
:annoyed
:angry
:depressed
:well rested
:no income

keep your job and try to get a raise or look for a new one on your downtime
I, too, must wake early for a shit job, and I, too, must hate it, for the best manager and best coworker ever have been and will be removed from the hub location (one was fired/quit over being jacked for years, the other finally got hired in, so they decided three people doing a six person job is too many people, and he's being moved to another location next week)
your best friend's drug dealer
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:29 am

I also hate my job. It involved sitting at a shit PC and typing in bullshit information from the files of asylum seekers. Doesnt sound too bad until you realise that some of these files are a foot thick and can take well over an hour to get through. Many of them have tons of info missing and yadda yadda yadda. Gotta do 7 a day regardless of the time it takes to do each one and they want a high level of quality too.

Only good thing are the cool people that work there, get to wear whatever I want and its only 45 mins away on the tram.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:56 pm

"asylum seekers"? :shock:

:comp:
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby RabidYak on Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:33 pm

Silverhaze wrote:its only 45 mins away on the tram.

Bloody hell, hasent the horseless carrige reached your part of the country yet then?
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:58 am

LMAO!!!!

Yes Asylum seekers were. I work for the British Home Office. Its a complete shambles.

Yak man you do make me laugh. The new tram line was put in a few years ago to make Croydon look more modern. It was a private company thats kinda gone the same way as the chanel tunnel people. They arnt making even nearly enough money to pay their creditors and have to keep taking hand outs from the government.

Still, at least the fucking tracks dont bend in the summertime. Bloody british railway system sucks. So glad I dont have to get a train anywhere.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:35 pm

:D
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby adidas on Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:37 pm

Silverhaze wrote: get to wear whatever I want and its only 45 mins away on the tram.

45 minutes?

I too have a 45 minute commute but that is way too far to go for work IMO

It is the farthest I have ever driven for a job... it really sucks leaving at 5 in the morning and getting back at 6:15 in the evening

Lucky I'm on vacation this week... I was very near walking out the door and not going back after last week
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby RabidYak on Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:43 pm

Silverhaze wrote:Yak man you do make me laugh. The new tram line was put in a few years ago to make Croydon look more modern.

Its bad when they have to bring back 100-year old systems to compensate for the fact that modern public transport is shite. Next thing you know top hats will be in fashion and the hun will be attacking Belgium.

Silverhaze wrote:Still, at least the fucking tracks dont bend in the summertime. Bloody british railway system sucks. So glad I dont have to get a train anywhere.

They dont work in summer because of the heat, they dont work in autumn because of the leaves, they dont work in winter because of the cold and they dont work in the spring because the staff are all on strike. They might as well tear it all up and build more roads, the way ticket prices are going it'll be cheaper to buy a car anyway.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

updated for me

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:45 pm

Hey, I'm still at my shit job, back in July I decided I was too important to be fucked with, so I demanded a raise, and the new General Manager, who is from my most hated field (marketing) decided he'd ream my ass in front of all the techs to see if I'd put up with it or not...

He didn't know I knew I was already getting the raise, and we're both lucky that I did know. Some of the things he said to get my goat got it, and it was all I could do just balling my fists and holding it all back, look at my first post again...top part...
anyway, had I not already been assured, I would have been in prison right now for thumping the shit out of a person I don't like that was intentionally trying to piss me off

Worst part was the man I've helped keep his high position with the company would not even once speak up for me, and the guy the leads the division that hates me because I don't care to do extra work for them when all they do is swear at me all day is the only one that did stand up for me during the rape festival

Anyway, post-raise, I finally got another car, My finances are getting in order, and fuck if the Department of Education decided now was the time to demand payment...
So if I wanna make monthly install payments, I have to do it through a third party collection agency, even though the DoE only wants 10%, which is what they say they'll garnish anyway, they won't accept a direct 10% payment
so I talk to the fucking collection agency and they laugh at me basically and demand 14,000 bucks up front
so I laughed back
they went down to about 7 grand and payments, and I told them squeezing water from a rock would be a wiser endeavor, so we settled on what was almost 20%! well fuck it, it'll be paid sooner, so I ask for the adress, and they say I have to give them my bank account information!?

FUCK THAT! I told her that was stupid, she said I should do it because of how late my default is and how much I owe, and I said I agreed to make payments of a certain amount of money and THAT was my obligation, not to provide any specific form of payment. She continued to say that was the only way, even when I asked how they collect from people that have money but no bank account..

so I told them to fuck off, she said she'd say I was unwilling to pay, so I said if they were recording my call, everyone would know she was full of shit
then the DOE sends me the official stuff, no more tax returns come my way, and garnish of 10%

well with garnishment, I will stay in default until it's paid in 13 years...
and with payments of just 10% it'd go back to normal in one year, but those fuckups won't accept my new offer of 10% saying it's too low, even though the DoE says otherwise

I could take it to task, but I'm too lazy, so a finger for the collection bitch and 10% of all my hard earned OT fucked over...

yay.
regardless, I'm inching very close to financial stability, at least for the short term
I might go back to the old ways in another year so I can pay off my whole damn debt and be done with that business (except for the probable IRS audit as to where I came up with 35,000 bucks all at once...hehehe)

anyway, I might instead go to a tech school instead of trying to finish out my useless Soc. or Philos. degrees, and besides, I'm already getting back into programming, so maybe I can work the OT doing something chill instead of all this wonderful exercise that's making my social life dwindle to nothing...

some weeks, it's go to work go to bed go to work go to bed

My bud in Taiwan says he and his wife are starting a school of their own, or their own tutoring business, and he's coming here end of the month for a week, I keep on thinking about it and turning it down, but I'm starting to wonder how much more of Ohio I can put up with...

damn Browns...

---
ahhh, good to have no apparent posting limit
your best friend's drug dealer
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby were on Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:34 am

being a person who knows a few people who works in telemarketing told me that taking courses on "technology" is not the best course to take in the near future

"WHAT IS" he told me, is social services...in being percise..taking care of the eldery..as all the baby boomers are going to retire...

i dont know about you, but im not look forwarding to change diapers and how "our" generation screwed them up big time.. :roll:
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:17 am

Telesales is hell!

My friend did it once for one day and got blasted by some old cocksucker so he took down his number and quit the job taking the sales script with him.

Then we spent a few weeks getting stoned and phoning him up at all hours trying to sell him more windows.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT BLOODY TIME IT IS?!?!?!

Yes sir its 4am. This is our new night sales promotion!

:D
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:38 pm

its a 24hr job,with sales all over the world

not just sales, its also for taking questions for a whole buncha things like vacuums and booting up the computer.. :wink:
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:51 am

I think I'd rather scoop my eyes out with spoons and pour salt and vinegar on them than do a job like that!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Real Life