What's a good place to meet women (long post)

Your non electronic life.

Moderator: RabidYak

What's a good place to meet women (long post)

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:12 pm

Sorry I haven?t been around that much the last half a year or so, but I?ve been doing a lot of deep thinking, especially lately, thinking about stuff I always imagined would somehow happen, and now it seems I have to begin, and to take the initiative before its too late!

For the first time in my life I feel ready and actually want a meaningful relationship with a member of the opposite sex.

In the past, I exclusively chose my women on appearance, and back then it worked for me (though, it limited my overall total, because very few were ?good enough? back then).

Now I?ve come to realize that looks (though still important) aren?t that important, and I?m not afraid about the criticism that my friends and family would hit me with, if I were to bring a girl home that wasn?t ?up to my old standards? .

I?ve been expecting to meet this women for a while now, and after seeing that movie About Schmidt starring Jack Nicholson, I can?t wait anymore (it?s a movie about a guy who at the end of his life has A LOT of regrets). Not meeting the right woman and settling down would leave me with the same sad-anger that Nicholson?s character had in that movie, and man I can?t explain how much that would SUCK! What to be inspired, go see that movie, I guarantee you?ll want to lead and live an exemplary life.

So (now here?s my question) are clubs good places to meet good women? I?m 27 and I?d like to find a girl that?s 23 or so, someone who?s just finishing university, or about to, a woman who?s at the same point in the curve of life, and as such, wants the same things as myself. The reason I?m looking for a younger girl is, well the ones my own age have been in too many serious relationships by now, they?ve got too much mileage, and generally it seems as though their spirits are crushed. I want someone who?s still got some gas in the tank, still enjoying life, and who hasn?t gone to the moon and back (low mileage).

Here?s my plan. In the past, when scouting and recruiting, I choose poorly. So this time, I?ve decided to work in tandem with fate. I?m going to pick a chair in the club, and every girl that sits in that chair (provided she?s in the NEW ?good enough range?) I?ll approach and try to impress her. This way, I?m working only on those girls that fate has chosen for me. Does this sound stupid? Because to me it feels like the right thing to do (and it?s the best idea I could come up with).

And are there any other places I might go to find eligible women? I work long hours, and go to the gym almost every working day? so I leave my house at 6:45 A.M. and don?t get back usually till 8:00 P.M, so I?m also pretty much restricted to the weekends, and maybe one night out during the work week. And no, my female colleagues are not what I?m looking for, they?re all over 30, and they?ve had the life sucked out of them. Most of them have fuck trophies too!
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby Silverhaze on Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:12 pm

Clubs arnt the best places. I dont want to sound big headed but I do get approched quite a lot in clubs (drum & bass all night type places) but its so loud and dark in there that you cant hear what shes saying and all you can do is dance. Pubs are a little better but then you have to think to yourself 'do I want a woman that hangs about in pubs?' I know I dont go for drinkers.

Dont you ever meet anybody at the gym you go to?

You have to try and think about the kind of woman you want to meet and then try to think about the kinds of places she might go to and get there before her.

Heh I'm hardly the most experienced in this field though, I tend to run away when they come after me and I'm in a 3 year relationship at the mo so I've forgotten most of what I knew.

Good luck my friend.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:17 pm

You can usually find women in toilets and changing rooms, but for some reason they keep screaming and running away when I try to talk to them.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby geesehoward on Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:49 am

wow, this is like a bad Woody Allen movie

... not that there's any other kind of Woody Allen movie :lol:

"the whole world's about to end over a goddamn puppy"- Paranoia Agent
geesehoward
PCB General
PCB General

Postby were on Mon Feb 03, 2003 2:49 am

hmmm, have u tried any of ur co-workers?...usually if they start a conversation with you there's a good chance they like you an u can start it from there.

i am too have bad luck with women...but if u want to know, if u have the money, then they'll spend time with.

Women are leeches just as men, and if your going after a college woman, beforewarned that theyll go after "educated" men too.Be smart, act smart and think what they want from you before u act dude
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:57 pm

His co-workers are all old dog-ends I think :lol:
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:04 am

Yak:

You scare me! ;)

were:

First, it's not that I have bad luck with women in general; I just have bad luck when it comes to choosing them (so far I've chosen the wrong ones).

Secondly, I 'am an "educated" man, and as such I have some of the green stuff too... BUT having a woman that wants me for my money isn't cool... I like watching Joe Millionaire, its funny... but living it would be entirely different!

Thirdly, all my colleagues are past their "best before date", but besides that (and more importantly) I'm not attracted to them in any way. The intern is very nice, and I do have a really good rapport with her, BUT she's got a boyfriend that she truly likes, and I'm going to respect that (but if he fucks it up in the next few months... :) ).

Silverhaze:

Yeah, I?m pretty sure I?d like to meet a girl at a club. If she?s at a club, she?s more outgoing than I ?am right now. I need a girl that will pull me along with her for a good time. Left to my own devices, I sit at home playing games, and watching movies? nothing else.

The last of my friends (who was single) got married last September, and let me tell you, it?s a weird feeling to be the last man standing after all these years. It feels creepy to try and persuade one of your buddies to ditch his wife for a night on the town, especially since a night on the town can no longer be what it used to be? you can no longer go where single women are with a married man, he?s suddenly turned chicken shit on you!

I?m not looking for just any girl though (because that?s what the preceding paragraphs kind of suggest). I?m not feeling old, and suddenly feel the need to latch on to some chick either. None of that, but I do feel like its time for me to move on too? to reach that next phase in my life.

Do any of you guys no people who are really old, 40 - 50+ and are single, never having been married? I do, I can think of three of them off the top of my head! Turning into one of them does scare me; that I can admit. These people are like fucking ghosts! They?re here, but not really? the only thing that?s in their future is a coffin!

So I?m seriously going to start looking, because right now I have the time I need to still be selective, and still end up with someone. If I wait another 5 years or so, well then I?ll be past my ?prime?, and have no other choice but to rummage through the leftovers!

A few of things about meeting women at the gym.

1) Most of the women at the gym, they need to be at the gym. They?re weighing in at around a solid deuce!
2) For the few women who are at the gym because they want to maintain their bodies, they?re all ready taken! (Trust me; I?ve done my homework on this!)
3) There?s no context for approaching a girl at the gym, to do so would be considered creepy!

Around here, there?s really no difference between pubs, bars, or clubs? sure there are those with certain reputations (and I won?t go to them) but the rest are usually pretty predictable.

So I?ll see what happens next weekend.

Thanks for your input guys? I?ll keep you posted on my scouting/recruiting situation! ;)
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby Damian on Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:45 am

TheLastKamikaze wrote:Do any of you guys no people who are really old, 40 - 50+ and are single, never having been married? I do, I can think of three of them off the top of my head! Turning into one of them does scare me; that I can admit. These people are like fucking ghosts! They?re here, but not really? the only thing that?s in their future is a coffin!

Hmm perchance a bit judgemental. Of course the coffin is our final destination; I am doubting whether a paki wife makes the experience more pleasant. Of course if company is a necessity, then yes you need a woman; but be a bit more picky and leave the skags on the street where they belong.

:wink:
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:14 am

Good luck my man. Get a good dance worked out. Thats my strategy.

Well rather than a strategy I kinda worked it out as I was standing in a club one night. There are guys that just stand about not being noticed very much. They have to make the moves.

Then there are guys who kinda mooch about a bit, they also have to make quite a lot of the moves.

Then there are guys like me, who cant dance for shit but who make a bloody good effort at it and stand out from the crowd because they have a big grin on their faces and are dancing like a headless chicken on speed. Well maybe not quite that bad. :D

Anyway the idea is to stand out a bit because the ladies notice you. You look like a laugh, good fun that sort of thing so they move a little closer and show some interest. Give em a blank and they try a bit harder and move in to see if you will dance with them. The usual is standing with their backs to you and dancing slowly backwards.

Heh its funny to see as I'm spoken for I sometimes step to one side and watch em dance past LOL

Heh dont listen to Damian either, he struck it well lucky in America many a moon ago ;);)
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:03 pm

if u REALLy want to meet those 40 year olds, should i suggest a country dance club?

most of the good ones are already taken..though..i know a very "pretty" girl soem time ago and was going out with a guy with a "serious" drug pattern and the "blackest" teeth u have EVER seen

so, she told him,either her or the drugs.He chose her.

it was too bad, we became good friends during college.Im still not sure if her or "bud" are still together, but the main fact is, last time i saw her...3 years ago... she gained 40-50 pounds

whats wrong with this picture????

"patting LastKamikaze on the back" Always smile to the girls...if they smile back..well... :wink:
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:45 pm

bud lol :lol:
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:00 am

You've got to make sure you dress the part when dancing as well, I hear that white suits with big flares are all the rage in Discos thesedays.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:15 am

First something interesting happened today, but I?ll wait till tomorrow when things will be more clear? but there could be trouble in paradise (with the intern and her BF :))

were:

I?m not sure if you?re joking or not, but I?m going to answer you first in case your not.

I DON?T want those 40 year olds, and I?m not sure what?s given you that idea either! I?m aiming between the ages of 20 (yeah, a little young I know) and 25? and in special cases I might consider up to 27 (my own age, but I?d prefer them to be younger!) Under no circumstances am I targeting the older crowd, in fact I?ll be doing my best to stay away from them.

Silverhaze:

heh? I?m not that bad of a dancer (at least I don?t think so) but if things aren?t going my way, I?ll take your advice and start to make a scene (by dancing badly?) and I?ll see if that improves anything.

Damian:

Am I sensing some of Class316 rubbing off onto you?

I?m not suggesting that I or anyone else can have a deeply satisfying life experience simply by getting married. The world is full of married couples, but it isn?t full of people living commendable and fulfilling lives? in fact quite the contrary.

Each of those three people I mentioned earlier (those who were over 40 and which have never been married) are quite well off financially, actually they could have retired long ago, but they haven?t. They continue to work, and not because they love what they are doing, but because they don?t know what else to do! It?s sad.

I think being married (for the right reasons) is essential to finding a complete and balanced life. I?m going to quote Hill here; as I think he put it best when he said ?? no man is complete without the companionship of the woman of his choice.?

Yak:

I?m not going to go to discos? and yes I?m able to dress the part, I?m teetering on the idea of shaving off my goatee though?
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby were on Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:19 am

some people prefer to be by themselves.. :o

of course, their might be a void in thief but there's nothing wrong with that.

yeah,avoid the older crowd, but that was a good suggestion.I heard their is even a "lesbian" bar about 15 miles from where im at..and NO..im not kidding on that...

i like my women HAIRLESS under the nose thank you very much..
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby KoHC on Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:03 am

If you're trageting age between 20-27, I would suggest you take a evening/weekend class in your local university. Just choose a subject you would like to learn or easy (art classes comes in my mind). You'll meet some younger people and maybe few girls.

I don't dating co-workers. I've heard enough horror stories about female co-workers suit her ex sexual harrassment in the workplace.
KoHC
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:21 am

Clothes eh?

I dress like a bit of a tramp when I go out but then I dont go to places where people dress up.

Nasty pop commercial clubs where all the blokes wear ben sherman and YSL pastel coloured shirts, black trousers and black shoes with little silver buckles just arnt my thing at all. They look like bloody clones all trying to 'out cool' the opposition by walking with a swager and talking in the most cockney accent they can muster LOL
Damian will know what Im on about living in Croydon near the Blue Orchid. Or Blue School Kid as it should be known.

At drum and bass places you get the usual clones with their Reebok classics, blue jeans and caps but people generally wear whatever they want. Like me!

Heh lesbians are only good fun if you let them know you have a girlfriend or make them feel unthreatened in some other way. I met a couple of hotties one night in a bar where the owner locked us in after hours. I was sat with them two til about 4 in the morning while all the other blokes expressed their jealousy. Man it was hilarious.

Gay bars arnt too bad, you can go there pretending to be unsure about your sexuality, then the straight women latch on convinced they can swing you in the right direction. Probably not the best places to start any kind of meaningful relationship though. Unless you get especially lucky. They are usually full of fag hags like my missus LOL
Me and one other guy are the only 2 straight blokes she knows.

Where abouts do you live TLK?
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Damian on Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:42 am

Silverhaze wrote:Gay bars arnt too bad

Knew it :). Watch your arses!
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Zep on Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:03 pm

learn the guitar, drums or any rock instrument.

works every time :)
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:14 pm

ever seen that "juicy fruit" commerical with the guy singing with the guitar?

*SMASH*

juicy fruit..is gonna move ya... :wink:
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:40 pm

Oooh yoo hoo boys!! Papa's got summin' to show you all! :lol:
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:16 pm

:help:
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

poor old guy...

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:21 am

'where to meet women'

OPEN YOUR FUCKIN MOUTH, woooooo
places I've met or heard about friends meeting decent chicks

1. an art festival
2. a jazz and rib festival (DAMMIT!!!! I wanted to go so bad to it!)
3. the grocery store LINE
4. laundromat
5. college classes
6. hempfest
7. internet
8. community festival
9. drug dealer's house
10. bar
11. bowling alley
12. park/dog park
13. walking a dog
14. work

the more party/group oriented, the higher your chances of needing at least one other friend with you, or even a relative, someone...
of the relationships still working now, the internet, the bowling alley, the community festival, and the drug dealer's house are the three places apparently best suited to a long term relationship...(???)

ways that require help
1. friends hook you up
2. friends' girlfriends hook you up

don't your married friends have wives that know some lonley unmarried women that they could set you up with? you have the added bonus of filtering content and a preset anchor so that's a good way to do it, just ask them to help you out
your best friend's drug dealer
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby were on Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:55 pm

i think its easy to get a girl laid in a drughouse..:0, especially if their soooo high uup there.......... :lol:
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Next

Return to Real Life