HAHA! Class will love this!!

Your non electronic life.

Moderator: RabidYak

HAHA! Class will love this!!

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:10 pm

Anybody seen the adverts for the new file The Daredevil?

Ok so no complaints about him or anybody else I saw on the advert except for the Kingpin.

A fat bald white guy if everybody remembers right. Since when the fuck was the Kingpin a black guy?

Ok I'm not a racist person but surely this is political correctness gone mad I dont know the reasons but as far as I am concerned, Kingpin is a white guy in the comics, cartoons and games. Why the fuck change it for the movie?!?
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Super Kipper on Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:02 pm

Yeah I saw that but I just thought 'nothing I can do (or want to do) about it' and forgot it.
Super Kipper
PCB Member
PCB Member

Postby Damian on Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:07 pm

I noticed that as well in the cutouts at Warner Grants. Maybe they couldn't find a bald white guy fat enough? Hmm maybe Don Delouise but he would have to shave.. :D.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby RabidYak on Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:26 pm

Coming this summer, starring Don Delouise and the bloke who's knobbing Jennifer Lopez -

Daredevil! After being blinded and granted extra-sensory powers in an accidedent with radioactive waste, Matt Murdock has to defeat the evil crime overload Kingpin by beating him in a race across america! Its a true-to-the-source-material big budget blockbuster that you wont want to miss!
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:29 am

Indeed.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Pdaimaoh on Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:29 am

yeah, this is taking it a bit further than making a spiderman movie that is like the old spiderman for the normal person stuff but a lot like that spiderman 2000 for the hero stuff (he shoots the webs out his ass instead of chemical cartridges)

plus it's hella racist
saying a black guy is the boss of all crime? if that's not racist I don't know what is (okay, trent lott, that's racist even if this isn't...heh)
your best friend's drug dealer
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby were on Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:42 am

:? well sure beats the kingpin on the SEGACD that has Splinter's(TM) voice on it

:lol:
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:47 am

Splinter? As in TMNT splinter??
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:50 pm

:mrgreen:

yes-sir
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:28 pm

:lol: :lol:
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:46 am

Damn I should check this section more often!

I?m actually shocked they made a black guy as the Kingpin!! One would think they?d make the Daredevil a black guy!! But it must be for good reason! Either he will be portrayed as strong and powerful and command loads of ?idiot? White bad guys OR he will see the error of his ways by the end of the movie and become an all around good guy. Cause if he?s just all around mindless black the N Double GAY CP would whine!!

And look who?s taking the role of the Daredevil! Someone who allegedly wishes he were Jewish!!

From jewhoo.com

Ben Affleck - Ben Affleck recently contacted the editor of this site and issued the following statement, "I am not Jewish. But if people think that my name sounds somewhat Jewish, I am flattered. Jewhoo's editor tells me that everyday at least twenty people put my name in the search engine and figure the editor is an idiot because I am not listed. By the way, if people want to spell my name Afflick or Afleck, that's cool--it sounds even 'more Jewish' to me." Seriously--and this is particularly directed to search engine users--you have choices--you can set the search engine to first or last name search. If you can spell the name correctly, it is best to put the name in quotation marks before searching. That way you pick up cross-references to the person. Likewise titles will work if placed in quotation marks. Yes, entry to the listings should be by letter of the alphabet. But it isn't and it's too expensive to re-program now. So you either click on the category (pull down menu of categories below you on this page) and read-- or learn how to use the search engine. And we will not provide "no" notes for many actors. It is a thankless and endless task. If you take your time and explore the site, you will enjoy it. If all you want to do is pop names--that is your choice. Don't expect us to provide a "no" answer or to provide alternate misspellings of names so you can 'pick up' the actor or whomever in a search. There are literally thousands of entertainment figures listed on this site. It's a lot of fun (and educational, too!) if you are willing to spend a little time. If all you want to do is pop any guess in the world in the search engine--go ahead--but don't expect us to provide a lot of notes like this.
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Class316 on Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:01 am

UPDATE

he also played the Kingpin's voice in the Spiderman cartoon

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0290983
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby were on Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:37 am

fuckin eh 8)
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby geesehoward on Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:33 am

i don't think it's a race issue, i think it's a convenience(SP?) issue. i mean you try finding a big name actor built enough to play Kingpin. granted it's very off, but what can you do about it?

"the whole world's about to end over a goddamn puppy"- Paranoia Agent
geesehoward
PCB General
PCB General

Postby Silverhaze on Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:45 pm

They did a pretty convincing job of fatting up that bird in that film Shallow Hal. Its not beyond the reach of good makeup.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby mr rom on Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:11 am

DamianMoran wrote:Don Delouise but he would have to shave.. :D.

My mom sort of knew Don Delouise. He came over to her house once with a saw and cut her dinner table legs off because he said the table was too tall. :shock:

Edit: Dinner, not kitchen...
mr rom
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Return to Real Life