grrrr this is so infuriating

Your non electronic life.

Moderator: RabidYak

grrrr this is so infuriating

Postby Class316 on Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:07 pm

I wanted to phone my mom in London, and I didn?t know the room number she was in. So I had to say her name! The woman I talked to BARELY KNEW ANY ENGLISH!! I had to say the name like 3 times and she?s like ?no one by that name could u spell it? Then I spell it out she?s like ?is that an S like in Sugar?? ?Is that a P or B?? (in her broken up English). Took ages to get it through!!

Like, WTF?? I?m calling a Hotel in LONDON which is the CAPITAL of a nation called ENGLAND which is a place where they speak ENGLISH!! WHY THE FUCK CAN?T THEY HIRE SOMEONE THAT TALKS ENGLISH? Oh wait?.that?s right: they?d be NAZIS :evil: !!! Fucking affirmative action is so infuriating it needs to DIE :evil: !! If I wanted to work in a Hotel in Beijing I firmly doubt I?d ever be hired unless I speak fluent Chinese!!

And if that?s not enough that?s a Hotel in a pretty rich area!! The White House Hotel in Reagents Park (only about a couple of min away from Oxford Street). Airline Pilots stay in that Hotel! And they can?t even hire someone who TALKS ENGLISH to answer the phone!! :evil:
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:31 pm

HAHA!

Maybe you caught them on a bad day. It is sunday after all and we brits dont like to work on the weekend so she could have been the sunday shift woman. Could have been a bad line too. Could also have been somebody taking the piss but thats doubtful in such an area.

Unlucky but it happens all over the place everywhere you go really.

You dont wanna try ringing a minicab over here LOL
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Sun Oct 20, 2002 10:22 pm

Silverhaze wrote:Unlucky but it happens all over the place everywhere you go really.

They?re aren?t even supposed to be in Britain to BEGIN with, much less hired by the British!

You dont wanna try ringing a minicab over here LOL

Last time I was in London I went to a sex joint (free entry! Much better than rip off strip bars) then I finished late and I was desperate for a cab! So my only option was actually (ack!) a Jamaican guy who spoke Jamaicanglish!!! So hoping I?d make it out alive I actually went with him! Despite the fact that he asked for more than he should have ?15 pounds is blagab I want 20? (took him three times to say it till I understood ?black cab") and despite the fact that we had to phone the hotel like 10 times till he found it (?what do you mean I?m an idiot where is your Hotel?!!) and even got lost a couple of times, and despite the fact that he asked for more money after I gave him the 20 quid (he gave a disgruntled look when I shelled out 2 pounds extra) thankfully I made it out alive! Phew!! :cat:
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby neon_sonic on Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:21 pm

God, you are stupid. :roll:
neon_sonic
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:37 am

You went to a sex club? And a FREE one? LMAO!!!

We learn more and more about you every day. My god!!

Where was the club?

And class you dont know that the person on the phone wasnt here legitimately either.

So lemmie get this straight. You got in a minicab instead of a black cab and the guy charged you more?

If it had been a black cab the guy would have known exactly where you wanted to go. They have to take The KNowledge test before they are even allowed a licence.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Class316 on Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:55 pm

Silverhaze wrote:Where was the club?

Imperial Gardens
299 Camberwell New RD London
SE5 OTF

It was free entry before midnight. Then you pay like 10 pounds after that. And of course the only girls I had any contact with were pure 100% British girls :D

Last I was there they operate the first Friday of every month, dunno if it's changed now. Oh...and you gotta dress in leather ;)

And class you dont know that the person on the phone wasnt here legitimately either.

In London?? I'm sure she was!

So lemmie get this straight. You got in a minicab instead of a black cab and the guy charged you more?

If it had been a black cab the guy would have known exactly where you wanted to go. They have to take The KNowledge test before they are even allowed a licence.

Yea I know on the way going there I took a black cab from near the hotel and he was British. But on the way coming back the streets were empty so who was I to argue :?
Last edited by Class316 on Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Class316
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:07 pm

Sorry to say it but you were ripped off Class. He musta seen you coming or something cos a minicab is NEVER as much as a black cab over here. A journey that costs £10 in a minicab will always cost at least £5-£8 more in a black cab. It goes up exponentially the further you ride but at least you can guarantee they will know where you are going and the shortest route there too.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Real Life