PinMAME!! So whadaya think then???

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

Postby Silverhaze on Wed May 23, 2001 11:16 pm

Unfortunately I used PinMAME after playing Pro Pinball - Fantastic Journey (at only £5 you cant miss it) I found the ball physics a bit lame but I can see what people are trying to do and I think its excellent that people are trying to preserve great tables. If only there were some way to make the whole thing look a lot better.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Thu May 24, 2001 1:01 am

My PC aint gotta enough kick in it for VpinMAME but Visual Pinball is a helluva good program.

Its a damn good idea as well, it kicks ass to preserve pinball tables as well as arcade games.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby adidas on Thu May 24, 2001 1:39 am

Yeah, the physics are a little bit off, but it seems that pinball simulation is still in it's early stages.

I wouldn't mind seeing the table graphics spruced up some, as well. I think that may be up to the author of the table, for the most part. I know most of the tables released so far have been better than what I can produce. Also, you need to know a lot about the table you're trying to simulate.

I have been wanting to purchase an actual pinball table for years, but I don't have the room for one. It would be great to own that Twilight Zone table! I've played it in the arcades before, and it might be my favorite table of all time.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Thu May 24, 2001 1:59 pm

I once played a multi-tier Super Mario pinball table that kicked some serious ass but my current favourite is the Star Wars - Episode 1 table with the TV screen reflected in the glass. Man that table is great.

I also played one once with a big plastic boxer in the play field. I think it was called Prize Fighter or something and you had to hit the boxer on the chin with the ball. An interesting twist on the pinball genre.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Megaman X on Thu May 24, 2001 6:10 pm

I've played a bunch of good pinball games over the years but one of the more recent plays was the Terminator 2 table.

Had the little ship that picked up your ball and flew it across the table...heheh.

*TILT* *TILT*
Megaman X
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby Silverhaze on Thu May 24, 2001 7:14 pm

LOL yeah the T2 table is a good one. Its available on Pinmame actually but its one of the ones I thought needed a bit of work.

Still, as Adidas says, pinball emulation is still in its early stages.

It would be excellent if companies like the one that made Adventure Pinball and Pro Pinball bought the rights to recreate these tables in intricate detail.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Fri May 25, 2001 1:46 am

I'd like to see some more ultra-realistic pinball games for pc (based on real tables), like the pinball games that were released by M$ a little while back.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Sat May 26, 2001 12:42 am

I hope you dont mean Pinball Arcade that they brought out recently. I got that off Limewire and it was lousy. All really old tables if you like that sort of thing but I want action!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Sat May 26, 2001 8:24 am

I think that is the one I'm talking about. I'm not too interested in the tables that they have on that, either. I think that the graphics and physics of the game are really good, and if they were to make to include better tables, it would make for one sweet pinball game [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to PC Games/Applications