Aliens vs. Predator 2

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

Aliens vs. Predator 2

Postby adidas on Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:16 am

Wow. This game will creep you out as much as you will ever be creeped out by a video game.

The whole first marine mission (which I finished a little while ago) gets you used to false readings on your motion sensor. Little moths are flopping around, cranes are swinging in the breeze, then all of the sudden WHAM! when you walk into this room your attacked by some fast little bastard aliens.

Then you're expecting an attack, and they're playing this music that sounds just a little like aliens screeching.... so the whole time you're paranoid, looking behind you to make sure there's none there (since the motion detector doesn't detect motion behind you).

Of course, it's dark, and all you've got for light is your sholder lamp and some flares.

BTW, for anyone who played the first game, this game seems to let you survive a little longer, one alien doesn't kill you.

I'm giving too much away though, for anyone who wants to play it!

The engine is much improved in this sequel, too. Actually it's a whole new engine. Requires a beefy video card though, and lots of RAM. To run the game in high detail, they recommend you have a 700 mhz cpu, 256 MB RAM, and a 32 MB graphics card. Seemed fine on my computer. I have a 700, 192 MB RAM, and a 64 MB Geforce 2.

If you find the 2 CD ISOs for this game anywhere, and you have some time to kill, get it!
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Aliens vs. Predator 2

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Nov 06, 2001 2:36 pm

I would but I never really got into the first game.

Probably cos I was hooked on Half Life at abot that time and since then I've prefered my 1st Person Shooters to be more like UT.

But I have to say! HOLY CRAP!! Has anybody seen the shots of the new Unreal game yet?

I'll try to get some shots.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Aliens vs. Predator 2

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Nov 06, 2001 3:00 pm

Ok excuse my french but this is pretty fucking sweet!!

Looking sweet? YOU KNOW IT IS!!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Aliens vs. Predator 2

Postby adidas on Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:25 pm

Yeah, there's an unauthorized beta floating around... but I've decided to wait for the real thing to try it.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Aliens vs. Predator 2

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Nov 06, 2001 9:49 pm

I think I'd need to boost up my RAM clear out the shit off my HD and get a new graphics card to play that sucker!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Aliens vs. Predator 2

Postby adidas on Wed Nov 07, 2001 2:48 am

I'm very happy with AVP2 for right now, I've been waiting for it for a while now. I can hold off on Unreal 2 for a little bit.

I still have yet to try a Predator and an Alien mission.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Aliens vs. Predator 2

Postby adidas on Wed Nov 07, 2001 2:57 am

LOL You have to love piracy, I gather from the Fox Interactive web site that AVP2 isn't even out in stores yet [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to PC Games/Applications