Internet Explorer 6 sucks donkey nuts

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

Postby Damian on Tue Oct 30, 2001 6:10 pm

I am downloading it also but have a 9 hour window daily so that will make progress harder. This is the "infamous" Devil's Own version which has registation completely removed and from accounts I have heard works a charm.

I am hoping that I can burn the ISO with Nero without my previous luck, otherwise I could virtually mount it on the hard-drive but that might screw up.

I know the connection can be slow (3.7 best, 1.0 worst) but 70 hours? Mine was estimating at 37 from the beginning.

Oh yes, unless you believe games will work better with the home version stick with Pro. They both have the 32bit NT kernal and apart from a few more advanced features I can't see much difference apart from most likely superior performance from Pro.

[ 30 October 2001: Message edited by: DamianMoran ]
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Megaman X on Tue Oct 30, 2001 7:03 pm

Gotta agree Adidas. I haven't had problems so far (knock on wooden head) but I think it's more an issue of OS stability than IE's own code.

BTW, is there a major difference between 5 and 6?

[ 30 October 2001: Message edited by: Homer J. ]
Megaman X
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby Zep on Tue Oct 30, 2001 11:00 pm

argh! my modem ISP disconnected me and I was only 99MB through! why could the stupid site lemme use DAP?!

ohh.... and not much difference between IE 5 and 6, although since i have had 6 on my computer (the day it was released) it has never crashed.
Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Nov 01, 2001 6:41 am

Gotta love your 56k modem eh Zep? LOL

You're in the same boat as a good few of us here. Myself and Adidas download dreamcast games on ours and my collection recently hit 40 games most of which were at least 16 x 20mb files. SOme a whole lot more like Quake 3 that was 36 x 20mb. Ouch.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Previous

Return to PC Games/Applications