audio cd burning glitches

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

Postby adidas on Tue Jun 19, 2001 3:45 am

Does anyone have glitches in your burned audio cds? I don't have serious problems, but they're very annoying.

On occasion, I get faint clicking noises, and sometimes I get a second or so of pure white noise.

I use Nero 5.0 with a 4x phillips CDRW drive, and I've tried several different burning applications with no audible difference in the quality of my CD's.

Maybe I should upgrade my cd-burner? It is a couple of years old. If at all possible I want to avoid spending any money, I want to exhaust all possiblities before going that route.

When I burn CD's, I restart my PC first, and I have a lot of memory dedicated just to CD burning, there's a setting in Nero that lets you do that. I also use Cacheman and have it set to CD-writer. Usually I use Maxell recordable CD's (the kind with the gold finish)
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Pdaimaoh on Tue Jun 19, 2001 6:54 am

1x...the answer is to burn at 1x.....another is to set it to REREAD several times if you are burning from another CD....
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby adidas on Tue Jun 19, 2001 4:14 pm

1x, huh? I'll try it. I don't know if NERO lets you reread, though. I do cache the entire cd to my hard drive when I burn.

Which app do you use?
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby were on Tue Jun 19, 2001 10:05 pm

apdtech ezcreator is good...
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby adidas on Wed Jun 20, 2001 2:18 am

I have the same occasional glitches no matter what software I use, were. I've tried Adaptech Easy CD Creator, too.

In Nero there is an option to 'copy on the fly' which I leave unchecked. It caches the track before it writes when you do that. An optional way to do it is to create an ISO file (or whatever your particular burning app calles a disc image) and then burn that image to your disc. It takes longer to cache information before you write it, but the process is a more reliable one.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jun 20, 2001 5:45 am

I prefer Minidisc for music. My dad has had that same problem as you adidas. I'll let him know what Pd said.

How do you cache the disc to your HD though? In case I ever have to.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jun 20, 2001 1:14 pm

Yeah that Adaptec thing is the same software I've got for burning. I think it came with the 'HP CD Writer Plus' drive that I have.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to PC Games/Applications