script question

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

script question

Postby adidas on Sun Jun 17, 2001 3:36 am

Is it possible to use javascript to make sure that anybody coming to my site hits the main page first, or would that have to be a server-side script?
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

script question

Postby adidas on Sun Jun 17, 2001 8:21 am

I can't be sure that Google hasn't spidered my site, and that people aren't entering thru http://adidas8978.tripod.com/whatever. If they do that, they get the pop-up.

Oh, to hell with it. I'll just put the kickme url in an obvious place on each page. If people want to bookmark it, fine.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

script question

Postby ivwshane on Sun Jun 17, 2001 11:08 am

Hey adidas are you going to get star ocean for znes? I don't know if it's fully playable but it looks like a pretty cool game, I really don't like rpg's but I think this one is worth checking out. I've heard this game(series) is huge in japan.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

script question

Postby Damian on Sun Jun 17, 2001 11:25 am

Remember, if you make a request don't forget to make one!!
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

script question

Postby ivwshane on Sun Jun 17, 2001 11:50 am

I would but I don't really want to bother him, if I wanted it that bad I would have found it by now. Really I just want to know if this game lives up to it's hipe.

On a side note I don't even have znes installed.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

script question

Postby Damian on Sun Jun 17, 2001 5:57 pm

This is tricky. I assume you have been looking at your referrals and have seen that many of them are from different sections of your site. This does not mean they enter your site this way, this means they went back to the homepage (and counter) from these sections either by clicking on the main site url (and therefore counting as a referral) or simply going back (not sure if this registers, probably not).

As for a Javascript that tells you if they came in via the homepage I would say there is not one. First of all, as you know everyone who enters the index registers on your stats system. Second of all if they entered via another section it is probably because they only wanted the ROM and would most likely not care about the homepage.

As far as I can see there is only one way you can (sort of) ensure the only visit the main page. Password protect all of your sections apart from the main and put the details on the main page. Therefore anyone (except freqent users who know the password) could not enter these sections without entering the main site first. Another way would be to assign cookies to users via a regisration system, I do notknow how to do this myself but might be able to find out from a few helpful hands. http://www.jsworld.com if you find the script you were looking for tell me, as I fear I have entered the severely off topic phase.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

script question

Postby ivwshane on Mon Jun 18, 2001 12:38 am

I'll take it when it works good enough to play it. Thanks
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

script question

Postby adidas on Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:28 am

Dejap on a graphics pack and translation of Star Ocean:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>

I started working on a Star Ocean hack and it looks like it won't be too hard. The compression/text/data storage is exactly the same as ToP so that means I have a dumper and insertor already done. The dumped script is around 600k, anyone who wants to help out with the text translation should contact us. And since the game is so similar to ToP, that means I can carry over my multilingual hacks from ToP to Star Ocean as well, so non-english translators may apply also (only if you can read Japanese) to translate directly into your own language [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img].

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until the graphics pack is done, Star Ocean's graphics will remain screwed up.

BTW I updated my SNES section with a few roms today.

[ 17 June 2001: Message edited by: adidas ]
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

script question

Postby adidas on Mon Jun 18, 2001 5:27 am

Sure, I can upload it.

I have a LARGE amount of SNES roms on my hard drive, there are verrrry few I don't have (except for the 'clones'). But my 56k can only handle uploading so many.

----------------------------
I just tried it out in both SNES9x and ZSNES and it doesn't seem to work. If you still want it, let me know.

[ 17 June 2001: Message edited by: adidas ]
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

script question

Postby adidas on Mon Jun 18, 2001 8:29 am

So much for 7host. They deleted my files.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

script question

Postby Damian on Mon Jun 18, 2001 6:39 pm

Shit! Well my files are still up, but they were never eally used. I guess the search will have to continue. Jeeze what a mess. Maybe if you open up a new account and have a less obvious folder name?
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

script question

Postby adidas on Tue Jun 19, 2001 3:37 am

I changed the folder names a while ago per your suggestion, no good. I'm going to stick with xoom.it for the most part,fast downloads and they don't delete *knock on wood* I tested the download speed on my friend's DSL, and it was going at 80k per/second. I get 5k.

That reminds me, it's time for my daily files check.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to PC Games/Applications