Call Of Duty 4 gameplay video

Postby Zep on Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:28 pm

God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Re: Call Of Duty 4 gameplay video

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:22 pm

I think thats been hanging around on XBL Marketplace for quite a while. I was waiting for the demo really. I wasnt expecting anything other than the usual CoD affair of playing through linear scenarios while Activision tell their little story.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:44 pm

Yes but there are guns and wicked graphics!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:59 am

have you played CoD3 on the 360 yet dude? Thats got some amazing graphics and a couple of guns too.

I think they need a hell of a lot more sniping missions in these games though. There was one in erm...I think it was CoD2 where you had to get on top of a tower and take people out. That was great fun!! You had to move out before a tank sighted the tower and go elsewhere.

In fact, I think I preferred CoD2 for the storyline as it had the russian stuff in it. All that close quarters combat, repairing the radio line and dealing with snipers was really good!! I didnt find CoD3 quite as emmersive although it was very good too.

They're gonna have to do more than add a few extra cut scenes and more context sensitive actions in this one to keep people interested. I wanna see more behind the scenes stuff!! Espionage, sabotage, spying! All those intelligence things going on behind the scenes!! Not just front line capping krauts....although that said....it is fun!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:21 am

Yeah, I've heard that CoD3 felt more like an expansion for CoD2, haven't played it myself though (getting a 360 next week, probably rent it).

The thing I like about the CoD series is the action, I prefer it to FEAR which although had atmosphere, was the most dull FPS I've ever played because the action was so slow. What they could do to improve CoD is to make it less linear and have friendly troops that actualy make a difference. The game always relied on the player to do an action to trigger the next part of the game which made it feel less realistic. Giving orders would be cool too.

As for spying and stuff, have you played the expansion for CoD1? It had a really brilliant mission where you are part of an SAS team and you got to stealth around a lot.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby RabidYak on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:59 pm

I'm in bad need of a decent FPS to get me back into the genre after being bored out of it by cack like Far Cry, FEAR, Doom 3 and Quake 4. I'm due for a new PC as soon as DDR3 and 3.0+ Core 2s get within my price limits, so I might wait until then and buy the newest selection en mass to give it a work out,
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Zep on Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:48 am

take a look at this Yak: http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/news.php?tid=7 ... &endtime=0

Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU @ 3Ghz for $269.

The E6600 can be easily over clocked to over 3Ghz and it's dropping to half the price on July 22nd.

As for software.... Quake: ET looks promising, and BioShock sounds interesting but apart from that I can't think of any other PC games that look cool. Crysis looks like it will be the same boring shite Far Cry was.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:14 pm

Crysis does look like it might be all mouth and no trousers at the moment. The are keeping their cards very close to their chests currently in terms of storyline.

If you really wanna see about Crysis then check out the HD videos and developer walkthroughs on Gametrailers.com

Im keeping my fingers crossed that they can go with a good story and action. Still, all that said you'll need to spend grands on a PC capable of getting everything out of it.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to PC Games/Applications