Scarface Game To Have Big Names On Board

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

Scarface Game To Have Big Names On Board

Postby Silverhaze on Mon May 08, 2006 10:24 am

Heres a game that will attract as many pricks to it as it will genuine gamers provided it delivers on the gaming front that is....otherwise it'll just appeal to pricks that like the film because its got a guy taking tons of coke and playing with guns in a 'macho' way. I never got the attraction of this film to be honest. A guy takes lots of coke and fucks up his life??? Thats about the size of it I believe, still, whatever floats ya boat.

Lets hope the game has more to offer than the film but Im still convinced it will appeal to young blacks and those chavvy types too.

Vivendi Games’ (”VG”) Sierra Entertainment has unveiled part of the A-list talent that will help bring drug-lord Tony Montana’s criminal empire to life in the upcoming video game Scarface: The World Is Yours. Attracting an unprecedented array of Hollywood’s brightest film and television stars as well as returning cast members from the 1983 classic film, the hotly-anticipated game will plunge players deep into the seedy underbelly of 1980s Miami as they rebuild Tony Montana’s empire and seek vengeance on his enemies. Further announcements about additional cast members will be made later this year.

Some of the original cast members to be featured in the game are Robert Loggia, Steven Bauer and Al Israel. It’s reported that Al Pacino has lent his likeness to the game as well as hand picked the voice-over actor to play Tony Montana. Other names to be involved with the game include James Woods, Robert Davi, Ice-T, Oliver Platt, Jay Mohr, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, Jason Mewes, Wilmer Valderrama, Richard Roundtree, Tiny Lister and Tommy Lee. You can read more at GamesIndustry.biz

So it looks like they are spending top dollar on this game. Hopefully it wont all be wasted in a cutscene heavy game thats all mouth and no trousers.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Mon May 08, 2006 11:08 am

Scarface is one of the coolest films I've seen, definately up there with Resevoir Dogs and Goodfellas. I avoided the recent Godfather game cause I like the movies too much (1 and 2) but if this tries to stay away from the GTA type thing I'll probably get it.

EDIT: if it's good anyway.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Return to PC Games/Applications