Oblivion Rating Changed To M

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

Oblivion Rating Changed To M

Postby Silverhaze on Fri May 05, 2006 10:45 am

The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) has just sent word that the rating assigned to Bethesda’s and 2K Games’ The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has been changed from T (Teen 13+) to M (Mature 17+). “The content causing the ESRB to change the rating involves more detailed depictions of blood and gore than were considered in the original rating, as well as the presence of a locked-out art file or ’skin’ that, if accessed through a third party modification to the PC version of the game, allows the user to play with topless versions of female characters,” said the ESRB in a release.

You can read more at GameDailyBiz

I think this is more relevant to the US members but it may trickle over here. I think we're a bit more tollerant of the odd nipple here and there though. Can anybody say Janet Jackson scandal? That would have been nothing more than a comedy moment here.

Seems strange to me that customised public and unofficial mods could cause the rating of a game to be reviewed.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Sat May 06, 2006 1:48 am

thats a shame..so a "g" rated game could become a "m" rated game just like that.

stupidity :P
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Mon May 08, 2006 10:07 am

Yeah and the strangest thing is that they are changing the Xbox360 rating too when owners of that game dont even have access to any custom mods to unlock such content. Dicks.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to PC Games/Applications