UT2007....hoverboards you say? OH YEAH BABY!

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

UT2007....hoverboards you say? OH YEAH BABY!

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:03 am

Many of the nine UT2004 vehicles have been revamped to be grouped into the Axon Team. Facing off against Axon is the brand new Necris team, which will have their own set of nine vehicles. Someone at Epic must be a "Back to the Future II" fan, because one of these new rides happens to be none other than a hoverboard. (Though hopefully sans the pink color scheme and "Mattel" label.) Tim says that while it's technically not a vehicle, "the new hoverboard is quickly becoming a play test favorite. Instead of your trusty rocket launcher, hoverboard riders have a grapple that they can use to latch onto other vehicles. It's quite a sight to see a Hellbender towing three hoverboard riding teammates into the fray behind it." So basically, you've got power, McFly! Let's hope these hoverboards can go over water.

UT2007 Preview
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:36 pm

I'm really looking forward to this game. I still play UT2004 on-line and this one looks amazing. Probably the benchmark for all the next gen FPS...
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby adidas on Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:26 pm

I've never even tried UT2004. The original UT was perfect
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:51 pm

Oh UT2004 is great fun!! I play LAN every now and then but dont have a legit version and so dont play it online.

I loved the original UT but in their favour the series has never lost that special little something that made the original so good.

Admittedly I still prefer to play DM or Team DM games rather than all the snazzy new games like the Domination style games.
I dont mind a bit of CTF and I quite like the Assault games too but if you're playing with mates then DM is still where its at.

If the new UT is good enough then I might buy it just so I can get it online and show Zep how big my gun is ;)
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:27 pm

Silverhaze wrote:If the new UT is good enough then I might buy it just so I can get it online and show Zep how big my gun is ;)

well hoo wah diddy.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Zep on Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:30 pm

and here's a video of the game....

EDIT, link was too long and was messing up the page spread. It's on Gamespy.com.
Last edited by Zep on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:13 am

Ooooh you are gonna eat it! LOL

Seriously though, wouldnt it be nice to get a few people involved. Its a shame that we never really get the chance to play some games against eachother. The only thing I've seen more than Damian, Adidas and myself in has been Ragnacock and that went tits up.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:27 am

A great game which we could get into on-line is Duke Nukem 3D.

I think it was back in 1997 or '98 that BT (British Telecom) had it's own gaming community called Wireplay. 56K was the most common thing back then and I remember everybody had to dial a direct connection to it making for huge phone bills. But it was seriously good. Massive community, every game you could think of was supported, tournaments, etc etc. Along with Quake 1 and 2, Duke Nukem was the biggest on-line game at the time. The action was so fast paced and the maps were so simple that anybody could play for fun or to master it (there were people I remember who were just too good to have normal lives).

Because it's such an easy game to find, and quite a small download, I think it would be cool if we give it a shot multiplayer wise.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:16 pm

This stinks of Quake 2 syndrome where a load of us downloaded it and never actually played it at all!

I still have my copy and am up for anything. I jsut need to know when others are going to be about and Im game. Im always game for a game.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:36 pm

Then it's agreed!

Meet me under the clock tower at noon. I shall be wearing a red coat and smoking a pipe.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Zep on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:38 pm

Seriously though, what version of the game do you have? Is it the Atomic edition (came out a few years later, extra levels etc.) or the normal one (which most normal people have). Some cunt borrowed mine and never gave it back when I moved house about 6 years ago so I need to know which version to download.

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:47 pm

Im in the same boat as you Zep. Some git borrowed my copy years ago and never gave it back although I still ahve the update disc with about 300 levels on it.

I think I'd rather a bit of original UT or Quake 2 over Duke3D though. I'd be surprised if there was a board member who had a PC that wasnt capapble of playing either of those 2 games. Apart from Adidas maybe ;);)

I just wont get my little brother involved. He's one of those godlike players. A total pain in the arse lol
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:57 pm

Even my lowly card can handle those games. Bastard! :P

On a related note, SH: Did you play Halo with us? We had some decent battles in there. I'm pretty sure G_Jet played that with us too.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby RabidYak on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:26 pm

On the topic of Duke3D, Atomic Edition is a must if you play it thesedays since its the only version you can use with the fancy windows ports that people have been making since it went open source.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:46 am

Yeah I played Halo all the time with Damian and G_Jet, we used to have some superb battles!!

I might try getting Duke just for old times sake at some point though but I'd prefer something a bit more modern.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:48 am

well at least duke,you wont have lag problems,regardless of network card or isp provider..
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:08 am

As long as I dont host a game everything should be cool no matter what is played.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to PC Games/Applications