F.E.A.R

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

F.E.A.R

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:52 am

Ok so I started downloading this last night at about 8pm and it was done when I got up this morning. Its the alcoholclone version but I still think I'll probably go out and buy it today anyway.

I thought I would start this thread for those that wanna talk about it. I of course, dont get to play it for another 8 hours at least. I did however, design a rather nice themepark last night only to have my game crash and lose everything just as I was about to pass the Tycoon level challenges. Humph.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:33 am

I been waiting for a new state of the art blow the shit out of everything with amazing graphics PC game. I'll give a spinzzle.
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:00 pm

Spinzzle away Zeppo!!

If you played the demo then you know what to expect.

Now. According to the back of the box the minimum specs are:

DX9c P4 1.7ghz or equivalent 512ram 64mb Geforce4 Ti or Radeon9000. Yadda yadda other stuff that doesnt matter although I would like to get myself a damn sound card so I dont have to put up with that fucking onboard.
Anyway, these specs are bullshit. You would have to have the game looking like Duke3D with a system like that.

Reccomended specs are:
P4 3ghz or equivalent, 1gb ram Geforce 6600, 6800 or 7800 series or 256mb Radeon 9800pro with hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support and a SB X-Fi Soundcard.

A system like that should run the game pretty sweet. Mine got choppy on the parts where you run round a corner into an open area.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:12 pm

Mine started to go to the dogs because my RAM is only 512MB. I might upgrade to 1Ghz, seems to be the minimum needed these days..... money so tight these days, a musicans wage is shite :\
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:26 am

Well I was playing this last night. Got a bit freaked out and played some RCT3 from about 9 til 10.

It makes me wish I had some surround sound actually because the sound is superb with all the whispering and stuff.
The AI is really impressive. Ive been flanked and pinned down and all sorts already. THey still do stupid things like just walking round the corner you're hiding behind but not nearly as often as in other games.

I was even pinned down by some guy hiding behind a crate who was sticking his gun up over the top and blind firing in my direction to keep me pinned down until some of his mates flanked me and came up from behind.

It chugs a bit in places on my system too which is a bit of a pain considering I have the damn game set to 1024x768 on medium settings. It auto detected that and I know those things are not accurate really but I just wanted to play it and not fart about with getting the settings sorted.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to PC Games/Applications