PC Game: Wogger Woods 2006

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

PC Game: Wogger Woods 2006

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:15 am

I downloaded this the other day because I liked the 2005 edition. Now, I'd read a few reviews and things which said they had changed the game fairly substantially in terms of play mechanics and some extra little tweaks in the graphics department.

Aftertouch was a major change they had added saying 'Golf isnt meant to be easy, gone are the days of 400+ yard drives and holes in one'

With aftertouch you are supposed to be able to change the contact position you have on the ball to put spin on it and then once the ball is hit you have some degree of control as its in flight so you can guide it roughly in the direction you want. Not much, but just a little bit.

Now, maybe this feature is only usable if you are using a dual analogue stick pad and I like the trueswing mouse controls so I forgot about that one. Another change was supposed to be the contour grid on the greens. Seems they added marching ants along the lines showing the directions of the undulations making judging putts easier.

I began asking myself where all these changes were. Maybe Gamespot had mixed up some PS2 features with the PC game features.

All I can think is that they must of done because at a glance this game is identical to the previous version, just with new golfers and new courses. Its I-FUCKING-DENTICAL!! Even with the graphics on their highest setting, theres no marching ants there. None of the new changes they spoke of in previews seem to be there. In addition to this I havent heard or seen a single sound or animation that wasnt in the previous game yet. Theres a couple of new camera angles and you play as a Hack and work your way up to Pro in this version but all the after shot anims are exactly the same.

Im glad I didnt pay for it because I'd be most upset. Its more like an expansion pack than a whole new game.

Just thought I'd share that with you guys :) I rant better in the AM.

If you really like the PGA Tour series then get this game. I
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to PC Games/Applications