PC Dead again!!!

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

PC Dead again!!!

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:24 pm

OK you might remember that a while ago my PC died saying that Windows XP couldnt start because a config system file is missing or corrupt.

I formatted the HD and now a couple of months down the line and the fucker has done it again.

It has an option to press R to repair the thing but it brings up a command prompt and I dont know what to do from there. Does anybody know what the fuck Im supposed to do with this thing?

I think the problem has to be down to corrupt RAM because we've formatted the HD very recently and it didnt get rid of the problem we had where all my downloads are corrupting. Does anybody know how to work this recovery console thing?
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:14 pm

your having no luck with computers..i know xp has a recovery system too but i dont know how that works(mine is on)

better make sure its your hardrive and not your ram.If you find out that your ram slots are damaged

..your goin to need another motherboar :(

maybe you can test your hard drive at work?
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby RabidYak on Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:22 pm

Post the exact message and I might be able to point you in the right direction, it won't be hard to recover if its something that windows keeps a back up of.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Im pretty sure its not the HD. It was totally formatted recently afterall. ANyway, I got it working again by doing a load of shit in command prompt and replacing some system files.

Its still pretty fucked but im working on it
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to PC Games/Applications