Quake 4

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

Quake 4

Postby Zep on Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:54 pm

- Quake 4 is a direct sequel to Quake 2, takes place just hours after the event of that game.
- During most of the game, you are fighting with other marines, however there will be solo missions.
- Some missions take place inside, others outside. You'll get to use vehicles at times.
- You're part of a military campaign attacking the Strogg homeworld.
- Returning weapons so far: blaster, machine gun, nailgun, shotgun.
- Multiplayer: "The multiplayer experience is more akin to Quake III: Arena", no vehicles.
- "With Doom 3 it was horror. With Quake IV, it's war."

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/33547

Can't wait for this game!
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:24 pm

Yeah looks sweet.

No doubt you'll need a monster PC to play it and since mine probably cant even play HL2 I doubt I'll ever get to play this.

I havent even played HL2 actually. No point if I have to turn the detail to 'Ultimate shite' settings.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Zep on Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:12 pm

Silverhaze wrote:I havent even played HL2 actually. No point if I have to turn the detail to 'Ultimate shite' settings.

:lol: :lol:
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:22 pm

lol glad that amused you Zep!

I suppose my only realistic option would be to wait til Im working at least on a mostly permanent basis and get a Mint credit card or something like that with 0% on purchases and balance transfers.

Thing is...if Im gonna get a new PC then I could build it myself by getting everything from overclockers and places like that but then you gotta take the day off work to wait for deliveries and things and to be honest...by the time you have bought all the seperate bits, you could have got a premade one from PC world that comes with a monitor, printer and scanner for about the same bloody price.
I know I wouldnt get quite the greatest MOBO and things like that but it would be a bloody good place to start would it not?

Theres no point upgrading anything I have at the moment. The old P600 is well redundant and the Athlon 2k belongs to the missus.

I dunno. I guess I dont really have any money at the moment so all I can do is dream for now.

Actually, having said that....I cant see anything on the PC World website that comes even close to the rig Yak is getting for that price. Maybe when the time comes and I have saved maybe about £500 towards the total cost I can get a credit card and pay the rest on that.
I'll come here and ask for some advice on a system that will be easy on the pocket yet still capable of running the latest games. One that I can upgrade later on as and when I need it.
I suppose now that Ive stopped smoking tons of weed I should notice a change in my bank account ;)

I wonder if Damian has a spare £800 kicking about? He probably wiped his arse on a wad of 50s this very morning LOL ;)
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:38 am

look around for the best..my guess is build ur own computer and "borrow" soem software fro ur friends :D

if u have a credit card..u could make downpayments,but liek u said..new comps these day sare getting cheap but cheap enough :?
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to PC Games/Applications