Sam and Max told to hit the road

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

Sam and Max told to hit the road

Postby RabidYak on Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:20 pm

http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/85.html

Final nails in the coffin as far as I am concerned, round of applause to Lucasarts for axing their only in-house game in years that people actually wanted.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby KoHC on Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:03 pm

Well, according to some poll I saw, more than 50% of today's kids don't even know what Sam&Max is..... So they did the right decision as a company. Of cousre, from gamer's point of view, it blows........... :cry:

Don't forget Full Throttle and American McGee's OZ. For some reason the gaming companies are cancelling good titles.............
KoHC
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby RabidYak on Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:44 pm

If it was a resource-heavy mass market console game then maybe, but not a relatively cheap PC game with an almost ready-made market that was getting good press from pratically all corners. Its even more daft considering that the original and several over late SCUMM games are still making money on budget release 8 - 10 years after they were originaly released.

The biggest shame of all is that the 3D Monkey Island travesty will probably now go down in history as the last adventure game that Lucasarts ever made, a criminally bad end to a classic range.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:21 am

i didnt really know sam and max at all since it came out as a cartoon a few years back..dont really think it hit big in north america at all :cry:
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to PC Games/Applications