NVIDIA DISAPLAY PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

NVIDIA DISAPLAY PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby the ox on Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:18 am

I finally got my kick ass machine going but the stinkin display is a little too dark. Its not that noticable unless you play DVDs or watch video files, then it just drives me crazy! I have a Nvidia G-force 2 vid card and I am running XP (the evil one) lol. I even have the brightness and contrast turned all the way up on my monitor and it still doesnt help. ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
the ox
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby ivwshane on Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:24 am

Isn't there a setting in the display properties in the advanced tab under the device settings? If you are using nvidia drivers (not the default window drivers) there should be alot of settings you can play with to adjust the brightness. If it's only during dvd playback that the screen is too dark then in the dvd program itself there should be a setting to raise the brightness.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby the ox on Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:09 am

nope, thats why it sucks
the ox
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby ivwshane on Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:12 am

Then install the drivers from nvidia!
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:23 am

Yeah get the latest detonator drivers from the web site and install em.

Then right click your desktop and go to properties and look under erm....

hmm its not appearance its the last on on the right side. Maybe system or something I cant remember.

Anyway it should have some info about your graphics card along with your desktop res and colour depth and stuff.

Click the advanced button under the graphics card info.

In there you will be able to set all your cards settings. I think it may be a gamma problem. Just turn it up and see if it helps. The last thing you want to do it turn your monitor's settings up to full, especially the brightness as you can damage it and your eyes doing that.

I have the same card as you so if you cant find out how to do it by tonight when I get back from work then I will post a more accurate set of instructions.

Try having a look for gamma options in your media players too. it sounds like maybe your settings for those have got mucked up as a low gamma setting would cause everything you see to be dark.

What player are you using?
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby the ox on Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:46 am

Well nothing has worked so far. I will see if a updated driver will help. I just installed XP a few days ago and I really dont think that I am that impressed with it. Its a copy so I am not out any money at least. I use WINDVD and Power DVD for my players and I cant find any display options on either one yet. :?
the ox
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby ivwshane on Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:40 am

With my version of windvd (4) on the player panel itself there is a little tool icon that expands and in there is a video option clicking on that brings me color/brightness/contrast control.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Return to PC Games/Applications