Opera 7

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

Opera 7

Postby Damian on Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:29 pm

I'm sort of back, and what better way to dip back into the effervescence than talking about an exciting new contender in the HTML rendering wars.

Opera 7: PRESTO

CNET

update Opera, the self-described "fastest browser on earth," has decided to jettison its legacy code in favour of something a little faster.

The Oslo, Norway-based company is on the verge of releasing a trial, or beta, version of Opera 7, which will resemble its predecessor only in superficial ways. The rendering engine--the heart of the browser, which interprets code pulled down from Web servers--has been rewritten from the ground up over the past 18 months.

WSP

Opera 7 all new engine? ?Better? DOM support?
Posted by skaiser on August 20, 2002

That's what Paul Festa reports in his August 20th article, Opera casts off legacy code for speed. Many of us have hoped that Opera would listen to the numerous complaints about lack of DOM support for their otherwise very good browser. Many developers out there may feel that Paul's article would have been more accurate if he'd stated that Opera will finally support the DOM, though, since support has been quite disappointing to this point. I'm personally thrilled to hear this promising news, and I'm sure many developers out there look forward to this big improvement in Opera's otherwise excellent browser. I also hope their new rendering engine continues to be fast.

Presto!
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby ivwshane on Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:17 am

I can't wait!

And welcome back!
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby adidas on Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:49 am

I want Opera 7 NOW!!!