AVP 2! Yeah baby!

Patchy games, and Application help.

Moderator: ivwshane

AVP 2! Yeah baby!

Postby adidas on Wed Jul 18, 2001 6:35 am

Sierra opened up the new Aliens vs. Predator 2 site, I can't wait for this one! I was a big fan of the first (PC) version.
http://www.sierrastudios.com/games/aliensvspredator2/

I've got a rekindled interest in PC games lately, since emu news is so slow [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, the new AVP looks cool, check it out

update- for those of you that found the first game too hectic, AVP2 is supposed to ease into the action a little more. That's accoring to this interview of some important guy in charge of the game .

[ 18 July 2001: Message edited by: adidas ]
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

AVP 2! Yeah baby!

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jul 18, 2001 1:17 pm

Yeah that was why I never bought the first game. I got a demo off a mag and played it.

First I tried being a predator and got about half way through the level. THen I used a marine and spent about 15 seconds running round in the dark trying to work out which way was up before I took one hit off an alien and died. I decided that it wasnt for me. I like my games to be lit up, all that darkness is too much of an advantage for the computer.
See how the bots in UT have an advantage on darker levels. This struck me as the same thing. Sequel might be better though.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

AVP 2! Yeah baby!

Postby adidas on Wed Jul 18, 2001 4:19 pm

The dark levels are kind of a non-factor, especially when you're playing as the predator. They just set the mood.

With the predator, your main advantage is the different vision modes. I usually end up running around in thermal or electrical vision mode even when the level is lit up bright as day.

Try electrical vision mode using the disc against the aliens, you'll rip them apart.

The Marines are a big joke using the thermal vision mode and the cannon against them, you'll tear them in half before they even see you [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Forget the alien levels (playing as the alien), they're just plain tough. It's too easy to get disoriented while you're
climbing the walls.

The levels playing as the Marine aren't too bad, at least you have night vision and one hell of an arsenal.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to PC Games/Applications