is FF X any good?

Postby geesehoward on Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:33 am

i'm thinking about getting it tomorrow, but i'm getting alot of mixed opinions
geesehoward
PCB General
PCB General

is FF X any good?

Postby Blue Hawk on Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:40 am

well ill leave you with this. the people that programmed ff8 did ff10. and we all know what a piece of utter SHIT that ff8 was. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Blue Hawk
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

is FF X any good?

Postby M on Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:48 am

First off, I am glad you came to us for opinions because if you went to like a GameFAQs board then you when get a lot of messed up, mixed results.

Second, although the game was made in accordance with FF8 doesn't mean it was as pitiful as it. It's a totally different game. I actually thought that 8 was pretty good. Not even close to 7, 6, and 4, but pretty good.

In my honest opinion, Final Fantasy 10 is an amazing game. If you are a RPG fan you should pick up a copy of this game. It does take a lot of your time. It took me 50+hrs to complete the game at 100%. And I was using a strategy guide(note: that was the second time i played it). The first time took me about 30 hrs. And I went from start to finish.

I rate it a 8/10.

Ratings:
ff6 - 9/10
ff4 - 8.5/10
ff7 - 9.5/10

So, it did pretty good in my book.

Peace.
M
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

is FF X any good?

Postby Blue Hawk on Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:55 pm

well, also they srtayed again. they did the same thing that they did for the japanese nes version of ff2. no level system. that really screws up the game. no level system means that its not a real rpg. and that also means its twice as annoying to keep your characters up to speed. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Blue Hawk
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

is FF X any good?

Postby geesehoward on Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:32 am

no level system? in a Final Fantasy game? now i am skeptical. things came up, so i couldn't go today. hopefully tomorrow, or monday
geesehoward
PCB General
PCB General

is FF X any good?

Postby Sabin on Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:26 am

What do you mean no level system? That sounds really scetchy to me. Is it more like the Chrono Cross system where you simply advance a level for defeating a boss character but the random battles (well not really random in CC since you can avoid them if you choose) don't give you anythiong other than random items and gold?
Sabin
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Return to Console Emulation