NES Question

Sometimes Even Console Emulation Can be Deceptive

NES Question

Postby BellaSchein on Thu Jul 19, 2001 1:11 am

HELLO GUYS! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

In your opinion(s), what is the best emulator for the NES specifically concerning compatibility and speed..??

(Not including Nesticle!)

Thanks in advance!!!!
BellaSchein
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

NES Question

Postby adidas on Thu Jul 19, 2001 1:49 am

Welcome to the board [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If you don't include Nesticle, then I would have to go with RockNESX or FCE Ultra.

The both have decent compatibility, and waaaay more accurate sound than Nesticle. In my experience, they are really fast too. I'd give a slight edge to FCE Ultra, because it supports zipped roms, and to the best of my knowledge, RockNESX isn't updated anymore.

I had to edit my post, because after the first time I wrote this, I got the sudden urge to play Double Dragon 3 Image . I started experimenting with different emulators and downloaded FCE Ultra.

Hahaha wait a sec, I'd like to point out the contrasts on this page. Look at your sig and avatar, they're pink and they've got unicorns and they try to make you think happy thoughts.

My avatar is the Metallica album cover (Kill 'Em All) with the bloody hammer! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Just thought that was kind of funny

[ 18 July 2001: Message edited by: adidas ]
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

NES Question

Postby President Bush on Thu Jul 19, 2001 4:16 am

RockNESX, and it's still being updated... I think...
President Bush
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

NES Question

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jul 19, 2001 1:14 pm

Hey dont I know you from somewhere??? Hmmmm I coulda sworn.......ahh well.

Anyway, my sig and avatar regularly make me think happy thoughts but I suppose they arnt pink and I'm a boy too so it probably doesnt count. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

You dont remember Rainbow Brite then do you Adidas? Not that I ever watched girl's cartoons as a kid or anything. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] IT was just on before Transformers and Mask in the morning, honest!

Why on earth did you want to play Double Dragon 3 Ad? I though the first one had aged badly enough but the 3rd one seems like an advanced LCD game with set positions on the screen for each character.

Hey Bellsey whats your favourite NES game then??
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 19 July 2001: Message edited by: Silverhaze ]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

NES Question

Postby adidas on Fri Jul 20, 2001 3:23 am

I'm sure your pics make you think happy thoughts, SH [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And no, I can't say I do remember Rainbow Brite. Although the name sounds familiar...

I had my tv watching schedule arranged perfectly when I was young, so I didn't have to sit through any shows I didn't like. I had very little TV time, anyway. My father monopolized it for the most part. I had about an hour of television before my father got home from work, and often I was playing my 2600 on it.

I also watched He-Man, GI Joe, Thundercats, Volton, and of course Looney Tunes! On certain weeknights I would catch The Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, and the A-Team.

You British probably wouldn't appreciate the Dukes of Hazzard, but it used to be one of my favs [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Luckily, I was usually forced to stay outside in the nice weather. I didn't like it then, but I appreciate the effects of not watching so much tv now.

As for Double Dragon 3, are you nuts? That game is great! You must be thinking of a different game. You need to pick up that rom and a decent NES emu if you don't have it. Although, you might not appreciate it in the same way I do, since that was my favorite game when it was first released.

I don't think I could name one favorite NES game, so I won't try.

[ 19 July 2001: Message edited by: adidas ]
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

NES Question

Postby BellaSchein on Sat Jul 21, 2001 11:28 pm

Howdy! Sorry for the delay! Thanks very much for ALL of the help!!

Oh my goodness...SilverHaze...was that REALLY you in the ILikeToHoldFluffyPinkBunniesAndCombTheirSoftPinkFur chat..?? Wait, hmmm..no..maybe not!

Awwwww, Adidas--that was such a heart-felt confession regarding The Dukes. Just a good ole boy, eh??

Favorite NES game..?? Are you nuts..?? There are WAY too many; however, I WILL try!

First of all, there is the classic Remote Control game based on the MTV gameshow of the same name. Just kidding. Argh!

Probably my top favs include:-

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and Friday the 13th. But that said, I did spend an unusual amount of my childhood playing Jeopardy against the computer! Did I just admit that..??

Nevertheless, there are gazillions of goodies! (In my professional opinion of course!!)

Silver, how DARE you tarnish the sacred name of Double Dragon!
BellaSchein
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

NES Question

Postby adidas on Sun Jul 22, 2001 12:04 am

*shudders*

I hate to think that I would be regarded as a "good ol' boy" (read: hillbilly)

Hillbillies really irk me.

I don't think that you have to 'admit' to liking Jeopardy, I own the latest PC version.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

NES Question

Postby Silverhaze on Sun Jul 22, 2001 8:25 pm

Sorry about that little spell of tarnishing. I was refering to the arcade version which I dislike. The original game for me was the best but I do have to say that it hasnt aged very well. I find that one is best left to fond memories. I'll try that NES version sometime and let you know how it plays for me.

Hey Ad, Dukes of Hazzard was kick ass!! I never missed an episode when I was a kid. I had the toy car and everything!

For me it wasnt as good as Knight Rider, Street Hawk, A Team and Manimal though.

Theres nowt wrong with a pink fluffy animal either. Well actually, maybe not. Isnt dying animals considered a tad cruel? [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

NES Question

Postby BellaSchein on Sun Jul 22, 2001 11:32 pm

AND..ADIDAS, my friend my friend..

As the Dukes are from Georgia (Daisy having the finest legs in the state), I would call them Rednecks and NOT Hillbillies!

Feel any better now..??
BellaSchein
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

NES Question

Postby were on Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:40 am

..now that's something i didn't see for a loooong time..rainbow bright..
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

NES Question

Postby BellaSchein on Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:10 pm

And, Were, what do you think..??

Big fan of the show..?? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
BellaSchein
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

NES Question

Postby were on Wed Jul 25, 2001 7:42 am

i use to copy transformers epiosodes without pausing the commericals an get strawberry, my pony,the fuzzles? and yes, rainbow..

since back then we only got a few channels, i don't think i ever seen rainbow bright..
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

NES Question

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:42 pm

Well at least we can be happy that she's not posting pics of Care Bears or She-Ra or even Jem. Damn who remembers Jem? I remember my Dad bought me and my sister a video each. I got the original pilot episode of Transformers and my older sister got that shit with the Misfits and all the boyfriend girlfriend girly rubbish in it. And only 1 VCR!!!! Damn whats a kid to do?!?!? LOL
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

NES Question

Postby BellaSchein on Wed Jul 25, 2001 9:02 pm

1)
C'mon Silver, I know you loved the rubbish, I mean Jem!! Take the trash outside!

Sadly, I had a Jem doll. She came with a cassette tape of her singing her so-called music. For the life of me, I can't remember what happened on the damn show! <Wiping sweat from brow..thank goodness!> Childhood is a fog.

2)
Weren't they called The Wuzzles, Were? The critters that were "half" animals (lion and bear, etc). Eh?

So, how many of you guys owned (still own) My Little Ponies..?? Just kidding!

If we're going to talk Saturday Morning TV, let's talk real stuff..Transformers and He-Man!! Yip! I was He-Man for Halloween one year..beat that! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
BellaSchein
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

NES Question

Postby were on Wed Jul 25, 2001 10:37 pm

YOU were he-man..ah..haaaaa

actually,jem wasn't so bad, heck,during when robotech came out, that was the talk at our school,figuring out if the show was dubbed or not...

no, not the wuzzles...their slogan was "we go popping around, and they were small and hang around some house...remembering being on CTV sunday mornings.."
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

NES Question

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jul 26, 2001 1:53 pm

Bella I am seriously dissapointed! I'd guess by your tastes that you are a touch younger than me. Maybe about 21 or something. My memory is about 3 years older than yours and clouded in fog of a different kind [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] Yet I can remember what Jem was about.

There were the 2 bands, Jem and her little lot and the Misfits. They were constantly fighting over some lucky bloke that had them all on his case big time! That was about it for storylines. Both bands usually had a gig and the misfits tried to bugger it up for Jem and it ended up backfiring every time.

How about The Snorks? That was a damn weird cartoon and from about the same time does anybody remember watching Pac man the cartoon?

Cant say I've ever dressed up as He-man for a fancy dress party but last year I couldnt find all the bits I needed for a Wizard costume so I went as a transvestite witch instead. Dont use your imagination on that one, you might permantly scar yourselves [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

NES Question

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jul 26, 2001 7:02 pm

LOL Yeah I suppose that woulda been better but I was wearing the 'Scream' costume minus the mask with a long blonde wig and a wizard's hat. Strange combination but once the vodka jelly got handed out I kind of stopped caring. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

NES Question

Postby were on Fri Jul 27, 2001 5:45 am

transvesite witch? should have said a warlock with a hair problem...
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Console Emulation