Nebula for Neo?

Sometimes Even Console Emulation Can be Deceptive

Nebula for Neo?

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Mon Oct 08, 2001 8:02 pm

How many of you use Nebula for you?re Neo emu?s?

I must admit I?m thoroughly impressed by it!!! Better than NeoRAGEx IMHO. The only problem I had with it was in finding the newer ng-lo.rom (the old one in the bios.zip is out dated now) but once I got that all was great!

Metal Slug X at full speed and no slowdown (when you over clock the Neo CPU) as well as not locking up (like in NRX) must been seen to be believed, especially with 2 player co-op!!

If you haven?t tried it, I can?t recommend it enough
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Nebula for Neo?

Postby Damian on Tue Oct 09, 2001 6:03 am

I have tried Nebula for Neo-Geo and must concur that it is a nice tool for Neo-Geo emulation. If one prefers sprite dithering and wants a replacement for MAME as it has no "shots factory" it would be Nebula they would head towards.

But Metal Slug X doesn't lock up? I thought like Pit Fighter et al it locked up in the later stages of the game due to it's protection, maybe it did not lock as a freak incident? (happened to me first time I completed MSX).
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Nebula for Neo?

Postby ivwshane on Tue Oct 09, 2001 7:19 am

I haven't used nebula since mame started doing cps2 emulation. What's this about the newer ng-lo.rom? Is it like an ini file?
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Nebula for Neo?

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Oct 09, 2001 8:29 pm

I always loved the interpolation that NRX did. Mame is what I use now just because its easier that way but if something else really good came along I may be persuaded to use that for NG emulation instead.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Nebula for Neo?

Postby RabidYak on Tue Oct 09, 2001 11:16 pm

Metal Slug X has no protection or anything, its just a bug in NRX.

Never encountered the bug myself, I used to use a self-rolled MAME compile for the '99 stuff to avoid using NRX.

[ 09 October 2001: Message edited by: RabidYak ]
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Nebula for Neo?

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Tue Oct 09, 2001 11:29 pm

The ng-lo.rom is part of the NeoGeo bios, but in MAME it's not used. I think it has something to do with properly scaling both graphics and effects. You can find an outdated version of it in many bios zip files, but if anybody wants the newer one just say so and I'll get it to you.
If you liked the video modes in NRX, you'll love them even more so in Nebula. It has all of the old ones in NRX plus a few more!!!

As for MSX crashing it's strictly a NRX problem, it doesn't crash in either Nebula or MAME.

And if any of the newer roms are decrypted you can count on Nebula being one of the first emu?s to support the new games!

Probably in the next release it?s also going to support the Neo Geo CD, so you?ll be able to play Iron Clad and Samurai Spirits RPG.
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Nebula for Neo?

Postby jurucyber on Wed Oct 10, 2001 1:03 am

And Brickinger and Crossed Swords 2 (heard that ported to the AES machine,not oto sure tho.)
jurucyber
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Nebula for Neo?

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Oct 11, 2001 1:41 pm

Whats the speed like in Nebula?

I have a PIII600 128RAM TNT2 AGP.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Nebula for Neo?

Postby adidas on Thu Oct 11, 2001 6:56 pm

That would give you decent speed, I'm guessing. I've got 100 mhz on you and it runs great.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Console Emulation