Burning fuck'n DC games...

Sometimes Even Console Emulation Can be Deceptive

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Fri Jun 15, 2001 8:11 am

I?m at wits end here people. A stupid thing to get pissed off at I admit, but I?ve put a considerable amount of time today into figuring out how to burn Crazy Taxi 2. God damn it, I d/l this file and aced it together and got a cdi file. Ok, I know you burn this with Disc Juggler, so I go get DJ and installed it but the start button which burns the CD was always greyed out and yes I had a CD in the drive. Ok, no biggie I thought, I?ll use cdi2nero? after making the nrg file, nero wouldn?t start the burn process for some unknown reason! This is when I really started to get pissed off. Ok, I?ll use cdirip, which I had never used before, but was under the impression that it would make it so that CD-RWin could burn the file, nope? it made an audio track (TAudio01.wav), a cue sheet (TDisc.cue) and an iso file (TData02.iso). When using CD-RWin all it did was burn the damn audio file, so I looked at the cue sheet and this is what it said?

FILE TAUDIO01.WAV WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
INDEX 01 00:00:00

No mention of the damn data iso file! No wonder the friggin thing didn?t work! Have any of you been able to burn any DC games before? This was and will be my only attempt! I hope none of you actually try to burn this friggin game, because it?ll just be a major pain in the ass when it doesn?t work.

?later

[ 15 June 2001: Message edited by: TheLastKamikaze ]
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby Damian on Fri Jun 15, 2001 8:16 am

PD has burned CT2, but he hasn't been on for a bit. Hopefully he will be tomorrow and will tell you exactly how he did it.

-update-
Just asked some guys at EC if they know anything about it. Confuses me to hell as I haven't even got a CD-RW. Adidas the lucky sod managed to DL Dracula X and simply burn it without having to cue the files or anything.

-2nd update-
Aber from EC gave me this address http://go.to/selfboot seems to have a lot of info.

[ 15 June 2001: Message edited by: DamianMoran ]

[ 15 June 2001: Message edited by: DamianMoran ]
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Sabin on Fri Jun 15, 2001 8:59 am

Ok. With cdirip and cdrwin, load up and burn the cue file making sure you check the Open New Session button. When thats done go to file backup and tools. In the top drop down menu choose Record an ISO 9660 Image File. In the ISO9660 image file section load up the ISO that cdirip created. New under recording option set it to cdrom-xa, mode 2 and make sure that finalize/close session is check un you can uncheck the rest. That sould get it working. Also, try DJ3 if you are using 2. It supports alot more cd-r models. I had to cdirip everything for a few weeks till i got dj 3 about a month ago.
Sabin
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby ivwshane on Fri Jun 15, 2001 11:36 am

What version of Dj are you using? I have version 3, when I tried an earlier version it didn't work and I got an error in the dialogue box. In version 3 just point to the cdi image and click start, you don't need to make any other adjustments.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Fri Jun 15, 2001 8:39 pm

Thanks Sabin your method worked perfectly [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] I owe you!

Thanks Damian, and your right this is a pretty confusing procedure (until you see it done right, then your like "...that's it!"

ivwshane thanks also. I was using DJ 3.x (the latest version) and it was recognizing my burner it just wouldn't start the burn for some reason??

Does anybody want me to upload this file? (115 MB)Now that I know it works I'd be pleased to!
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby Sabin on Fri Jun 15, 2001 9:24 pm

I have it already actually. Getting ready to burn a backup of MVSC2 right now. My legit copy is basically fucked and unplayable because of an accident with a bottle of beer and a drunk brother of mine. The same one who got a surface scratch on the foil of my burned copy of last blade 2 after i played it once.
Sabin
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby adidas on Sat Jun 16, 2001 1:39 am

DC has Last Blade 2?

*drooling*
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Sabin on Sat Jun 16, 2001 3:23 am

yes...and aparently there is anorth american version coming out soon [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Sabin
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Sat Jun 16, 2001 8:47 am

Pd: your right, there does seem to be a lot of CT2 files on the net. I won't bother upping it.

Damian:I would have just found a decent public ftp and upped it (one with a fast connection) nothing specific.
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Postby ivwshane on Sat Jun 16, 2001 8:49 am

Did someone say something about snk vs capcom?

The sad thing is I have msh vs capcom 2 and I've played it once.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sat Jun 16, 2001 5:00 pm

don't bother upping CT2, there are already a billion CT2 places...it's disgusting actually, no one keeps any of the older but still awesome games, yet everyone puts up seven or eight CT2 files...
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby Damian on Sat Jun 16, 2001 5:01 pm

Don't drool Adidas! It came out pretty recently and got fairly OK reviews which tells me it is identical to the NG version. Surely you have the ROM?

Kamikaze, could you tell me where you would be uploading this file to? I am about to get a free 250MB account soon (I hope) but it was pretty hard to find. Which host is this?
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby adidas on Sat Jun 16, 2001 5:46 pm

Yeah, I've got the rom, but I'd like it on DC because it would be so much more convenient. I could put NeoRageX on tv-out but... It's kind of a pain. My Sidewinder doesn't quite reach from my PC to my TV, it makes it hard to play on the TV.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby adidas on Sat Jun 16, 2001 7:46 pm

Not really, not with all the bullshit I have in this room. I have too much crap.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Sun Jun 17, 2001 5:49 am

Cant you move your telly Adidas?
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jun 19, 2001 1:43 pm

Right, I borrowed a CD burner at the weekend with the full intent of saving some much needed space on my HD and also burning some god damned DC games. I've never even used a burner so please dont be surprised to see me back here asking dumb questions.

Cheers!!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Console Emulation