Help...Lufia II AC problem....[Spoilers naturally]

Sometimes Even Console Emulation Can be Deceptive

Postby isamu on Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:26 am

Hi guys. Well I've been playing Lufia II on ZSNES and it's excellent. I finally entered the infamous ancient cave and reached the bottom floor level 99 on my first journey! I felt so good making it all the way down and thought to myself "This is pretty cool. Now I'll be able to get the ethreal treasure and keep all the items I've found so far."

Sadly, when I got down to the final floor, the graphics were all mangled and I can't navigate Maxim anywhere near those treasure chests that are infront of him. I can only fight that huge ugly gummy candy and all he does is talk a bunch of bs and runs away. I thought I was supposed to get the ethreal treasure after beating him? And what's up with the graphics? Is this a ZSNES problem or just part of a currupted bug in the rom?

Then upon leaving the damn place, I find out I'm not allowed to keep any of the cool weapons, armors and spells I fought so hard to get. ARRRGGH!! WTF? All that work for nothing? Please tell me there's some sort of patch to clean up the graphics on the last level, and how I can get either the ethreal treasure or keep the items I found in the cave.

Also, the old fart at the front desk says that the cave's item's are behind him in that room...but the door is locked. I'm thinking there's a key somewhere to get into that room(?)...are the items I collected in the cave in those chests back there? Hmmm.....
isamu
PCB Member
PCB Member

Location: Floating somewhere through time and space with Crono...

Postby adidas on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:08 am

Wow. I have no idea what you're talking about.

All I can say about the mangled graphics is, make sure you have a ROM with a good checksum. If that doesn't work maybe you can get some sort of save state converter to play it on snes9X
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby were on Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:02 pm

wait a minute..i thought the graphics in LVL 99 was suppose to be mangled...??? unreachable chests..etc
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sat Apr 20, 2002 5:57 pm

well known glitch

for the life of me, cannot remember if that's the way the game is and they just fucked up or if it's an emu/dump problem with a workaround...

you gotta kick the gummy candy's ass, though
he's the last treasure you gotta have

and good luck, man, it's a pain in the ASS to get there with the power to beat him
I remember one faq's 'harvesting' technique where you find an enemy with the 'call' ability and let it keep calling friends so you can get lots more exp for beating them, and lvl up to 99 or whatever by the time you reach the last floor, the glitch may still happen, but you'll kick the uber-slime's butt and get the trophies or whatever that old bitch is supposed to give up for all 12 or 8 or whatever...
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby were on Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:30 am

killin the bloob thing is nothing..its the enemies below lvl 80 is the problem..their hard as hell..even whenur char is 99!
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby isamu on Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:16 am

Gosh...the fact that you can only keep the treasures in the blue box really, and truly...BLOWS!!! I would've loved to keep some of those dope weapons I found! And I only found one Iris treaure...the Iris Armor.

Unfortunately I'll have to confirm your statements on the last floor's graphics being jumbled by default...as it's been confirmed by several other people on a few other messageboards, that it is infact a bug in the American version of the game itself. Who the fuck did the quality testing for the US version of this game anyway? They need to be shot!

Anyway, I shall re-enter the cave one more time with a clean slate and make an effort to collect all the Iris treasures just for completeness sake. Unfortunately after about the 70th floor or so, the monsters become ridiculously hard to fuck with! The worst part being the fact that most of them strike you first, killing off Salan and Maxim before I even get a chance to strike back. I got something special for their sorry asses though(hehehe)! When the going gets too tough, I'm just gunna break out my handy little Lufia II item and spell editor and tweak Maxim and Salan *juuuust* a little, enough to make it through all the areas on each floor. I know it's a dirty thing to do, but I promise I won't use it once I get outta the cave.

How far did you get when you first entered the cave? And what level were your characters at?

By the way, I got the following capsules so far...Jelze, the fire dog, and the little blue munchkin with the spear...but finding food to make them grow seems hard to come by. Will they grow to full power eventually?

Anyway great game
isamu
PCB Member
PCB Member

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:29 am

wtf? did you copy and paste this to every forum you go to??

man it's been a year since I played this game which means I only remember random details

you DO know of gamefaqs.com, right??? right?????
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby were on Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:42 am

dabg..i got the 500 error a few times when tryin to post here

nothing in the faqs says what happend when u get all the irisis trasures

if u want to survive down there..get the lvl 99 code in there
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby isamu on Sun Apr 21, 2002 8:17 am

Not to mention, how do you know all the Iris treasures can't be collected in just one journey?
isamu
PCB Member
PCB Member

Postby jurucyber on Sun Apr 21, 2002 6:40 pm

The game was messed up in its original SNES form anyway,it kept crahing all the time via my bridge adapter.

The furthest i got down the Ancient cave was level 30.
jurucyber
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby isamu on Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:40 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jurucyber:
<STRONG>via my bridge adapter.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what is that?
isamu
PCB Member
PCB Member

Postby jurucyber on Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:18 am

A Bridge converter is a periphiral
with two edge connecters ,one on the top and the other at the side.
You put put in the game you want to play on top of the converter,then a game that will run on your own machine at the back.
The adapter will fool the machine (SNES) by reading the domsetic game while actually running the import game of your choice .
Its just bypass'es the lockout chip.

Megadrive 2's didnt have that trouble;you could just remove the top casing and put any old game in there [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I was playing the import US version of Lufia2 on my old Euro SNES,at 50hrz.
It was proberbly becuase of the lack of proper PAL regualtion that made it crash.
jurucyber
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby Pdaimaoh on Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:25 am

I think it's possible to find all treasures in one run, perhaps required, you get a treasure or two or a text message of congratulations by some old lady

really, they expect you to have your fun in getting to the end, not in the end itself...
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby were on Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:44 am

they were suppose to relase luifa for genesis..that really blows,,
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Console Emulation