N64 ROMZs

Sometimes Even Console Emulation Can be Deceptive

N64 ROMZs

Postby Damian on Thu Aug 09, 2001 9:20 am

Yes, it's sad but true. I am doing a bit of rom begging Mr.Rom style, but damn it these games are so hard to find. I tried for 30 mins tonight trying to find one damn game to download just so I could try a game to see if it worked. The sites that had links to "Good N64 ROM sites" were a joke as all the linked sites were shit. There are so many false links on search engines as the bastards know that will attract more hits.

I just downloaded and played KI tonight you see and was amazed by how well it ran and how quickly it loaded especially. I know there is a bit of difference in hardware, but it got me thinking about trying the hunt again for N64 games yet again to no avail it turned out.

Oh, yes. For all SNES ROM hunters out there PE2000.net has it's ROMs back and the site loads much faster now as all the SNES kids are gone I suppose. Leech while you can [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ 09 August 2001: Message edited by: DamianMoran ]
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

N64 ROMZs

Postby Megaman X on Thu Aug 09, 2001 10:16 am

I have Zelda, Goldeneye and I think Mario 64 but they were a bitch to find when I got them. Plus, I never found an emu that really ran them at any playable level except for Mario 64.
Megaman X
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

N64 ROMZs

Postby ivwshane on Thu Aug 09, 2001 10:35 am

Thanks for the heads up D. I have some n64 roms around here somewhere but they are pretty old. The last time I went n64 rom searching was about a year ago and that was when emusanet.com was relible and actually had roms.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

N64 ROMZs

Postby adidas on Fri Aug 10, 2001 1:47 am

Didn't I mention that about PE2000? Oh, well. I meant to.

I have around 30 N64 roms. What do you want? I don't even play them because N64 emulation is so buggy. If I were to play them I would probably only play Mario Kart 64 anyway.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

N64 ROMZs

Postby Damian on Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:11 am

Just trying out 1 would do. I want to put some N64 emulators up and I need to try them out to see which one is best.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

N64 ROMZs

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Mon Aug 13, 2001 12:41 am

N64 emulation sucks... right now anyways.

I tried it a month or so ago, and Project 64 was the best emu I could find. Even then, it's a far cry from what you'd expect when something's being called the best. Kinda like saying one piece of shit is better than another because one has some nuts... in the end they're all shit.

Save your self some time and aggravation... give N64 emulation a few more years. By then it will be more complete (look how great ZSNES is now!) and you'll have a more powerful comp too.

Off topic, in case anybody wonders what happened to my old avatar, I got rid of it. Damn that fat ugly dude actually made me feel sick. At first I thought it was funny, now it's just played out. So time for a change... something that will definitely not make you feel sick!

[ 13 August 2001: Message edited by: TheLastKamikaze ]
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

N64 ROMZs

Postby adidas on Mon Aug 13, 2001 4:23 am

Yeah, what was that, some fat Hawaian guy?
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

N64 ROMZs

Postby were on Mon Aug 13, 2001 7:06 am

zsnes was out for a long while..about a year difference from snes9x..and it takes about a 500-600mhz pentium with full sound to get it at full speed sometimes..imagine the n64?Ouch...
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

N64 ROMZs

Postby TheLastKamikaze on Mon Aug 13, 2001 10:29 am

adidas, pretty close... It was a Native American guy. He's from this site
http://www.williamsandree.com

which is kind of a funny site, well not really, but the dude does look kind of funny.
TheLastKamikaze
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Return to Console Emulation