FCE Ultra - last official release

Sometimes Even Console Emulation Can be Deceptive

FCE Ultra - last official release

Postby adidas on Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:31 pm

Unfortunately I have lost my link to post news with -- :oops: Would someone PM it to me?

It looks like FCE Ultra is no longer being officially developed. It is sad news; it is a great emulator for the NES--probably the best.

However, it is open source so it isn't necessarily dead. The emulator is pretty complete anyway.

March 29, 2003: The Windows executable has been updated to 0.94. I decided to go ahead with the executable release since there were a few important bug fixes and changes. The Linux svgalib executable will not be updated. Grab the source code and compile it from there, or compile the SDL code, which works well now. I don't want to mess with incompatible library versions. :/ The DOS executable wasn't updated because it's in low demand, most people using DOS today are probably knowledgable enough to compile it, and I didn't feel like it. The source code package has also been updated...the previous copy had the wrong files in it. D'oh.
Taking into consideration I already messed up this release...If any bugs were introduced in 0.94, I might release a quick followup(0.94r2), depending on the severity of the bug(s).

March 29, 2003: FCE Ultra 0.94 has been released. This is a source-only release. This release is officially the final release.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Console Emulation