looking for PSX isos

Decent ROMS,Fairly fast servers and easy navigation makes an Emu site worthy to post here

looking for PSX isos

Postby Pdaimaoh on Fri Dec 14, 2001 3:38 am

yeah, and the problem with CC is that it's on the guy's drives! or you need a different connection method or something (I also tried to get it and it failed)
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

looking for PSX isos

Postby geesehoward on Fri Dec 14, 2001 9:58 am

is "Hoshigami" really good? i'm downloading it now

the pics look awesome. reminds me of vandal hearts
geesehoward
PCB General
PCB General

looking for PSX isos

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:17 am

it would help if the fucker would play!

in VGS, all the movies, tutorials and demos play fine

start the game, and instead of the two guys talking in the middle of a town, you are shown the bottom left corner of the town with a chick in it, music plays, but a game stopping glitch because it never goes to the guys talking (and hence moving on with the game)

in ePSXe 1.2 it crashes with all the TNT/OpenGL/Pete stuff, it seems to access the .bin a LOT and if you try to do something at the wrong time, SYSTEM CRASHING time...

in ePSXe 1.4, someone at gamefaqs claimed it works fine, that person was lucky, apparently something on my system fucks it up cause it crashes even more than 1.2!

finally, I took a save of my several times restarted ePSXe and converted it to a mem for VGS, and it played FLAWLESSLY, except I only did the tower battles (as the save had the first story battle dealt with, and I wanted to get some more levels for the second battle since I knew what was coming)

try to start that battle (which, incidentally, begins with a town/text scene like the beginning....) and it shows the bottom left of the map and music plays and game does not progress...

NOW, I try to take that mem and load it into ePSXe...ePSXe now CRASHES my system every single time I try to access the VGS memcard
it also crashes when I try to read the old .mcr save (AAARRRGGHHH)

another guy on gamefaqs said even his chipped PSX has problems with it!
I've been toying with games.txt and still have not gotten it going in VGS, and ePSXe keeps on crashing when trying to load (and by god, I am NOT starting over until I buy the damn thing!)

aaaaaaaaaanyway...
I like it
it's a lot more challenging than final fantasy tactics, but not quite as much as tactics ogre (but close)
nice spells, it's hard to gain levels and even harder to gain devotion levels...
the battles are awesome for strategic thinking, what little story I've seen is cool, and I look forward to being able to play it w/o the problems EVENTUALLY...
heh

btw, the only thing lamer than vandal hearts is saiyuki
VH2 is a lot better than VH
and Shining Force series, tactics ogre, FFt, and this game are all better than VH...
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

looking for PSX isos

Postby jurucyber on Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:10 am

I like both Tactics ogre and FinalFantasy Tactics,especialy as they are basically the same game,but why the hell did they remove the training moode in FFT? or maybe it is there and i havent found it yet.

ePSXe seems to hate voodoo2,so thats not good for me.Anyone know where to get the cracked VGS from? Ive still got my psx but i no longer tolerate the loading times. [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 16 December 2001: Message edited by: jurucyber ]
jurucyber
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

looking for PSX isos

Postby Pdaimaoh on Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:38 am

ewww, the TRAINING mode sucka!

there isn't one in FFt
there isn't any point in TO to have it, as the enemies always match your hardest badass

training takes too damn long, just even everyone out in the fights! besides, most the good endings come from not killing everyone...

btw, dunno if your hotmail can handle it, but I emailed you the installer for VGS final (less than a meg, but many emails can't take that...)
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

looking for PSX isos

Postby geesehoward on Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:56 am

ok, i'm trying to load the CUE in daemon, and it says " Cue sheet:line 1-file not accessible"

do i need to download something again?
geesehoward
PCB General
PCB General

looking for PSX isos

Postby Pdaimaoh on Mon Dec 17, 2001 3:38 am

yeah, if you open the .cue in notepad, you will notice that it says the .bin is in "Z" drive

I seriously doubt you've got it in the 'z' drive...

btw, why are you using daemon tools? it doesn't work in VGS (none of the story battles work, they ALL glitch)
ePSXe can run images just fine (d'oh, I hate VGS...)
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

looking for PSX isos

Postby jurucyber on Mon Dec 17, 2001 11:14 am

Ah,thanks PD!

Now that ive got neogeocd emulator up and running,im back into the emu scene. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
jurucyber
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

looking for PSX isos

Postby geesehoward on Mon Dec 17, 2001 11:43 am

I GOT IT WORKING!!

this games is awesome, the system is way better than "Final Fantasy Tactics"

after a minor search for the bios, everything is up and working(few minor bugs)

thanks man
geesehoward
PCB General
PCB General

looking for PSX isos

Postby ivwshane on Mon Dec 17, 2001 12:00 pm

I'm having trouble following this thread. What exactly do you need to get the neo geo cd emu to work?
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

looking for PSX isos

Postby Pdaimaoh on Mon Dec 17, 2001 1:00 pm

probably a computer...

yeah, I'm thinking computer

cause BRAINS goes without saying...
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Previous