Snes roms, who has them all?

Decent ROMS,Fairly fast servers and easy navigation makes an Emu site worthy to post here

Postby ivwshane on Tue Jul 10, 2001 12:48 pm

I've been downloading snes roms from edgeemu for several weeks now and I'm on broadband. Unfortunatly they have a file download cap (I guess it's to stop people like me). Anyway I'm downloading every english game they have but as you can see with the cap it's going to take a while, so I was wondering if anyone has already done this. If you have have you downloaded every game or just the english ones? If you have or are downloading all games would you be interested in sharing or trading?

And for those that wonder why the hell I would bother downloading every snes game, it's because I am not aware of every good game on the snes so I might as well get them all (their small enough). That's the main reason and the other reason is that I just like to collect games.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Damian on Tue Jul 10, 2001 1:02 pm

I think that Adidas has the most complete collection. You might remember that he was trying for the perfect set, but unfortunately AceRoms bowed to pressure from IDSA. Maybe if you two are in different time zones you could download off him (at 1k or so a second) from his ftp while he is sleeping.

[ 10 July 2001: Message edited by: DamianMoran ]
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jul 10, 2001 1:15 pm

So, what SNES games would you reccomend Damian?

Gunstar Heroes is pretty good.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby ivwshane on Tue Jul 10, 2001 1:19 pm

I'm now up to the s's I have about 500 games for total size of about 434mb. I hope to soon have my server which the I will setup my ftp.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Damian on Tue Jul 10, 2001 1:50 pm

Hmm, I thought Gunstar Heros was on the Megadrive. I would recommend virtually all Nintendo games, Same with Konami, Capcom, and THQ (lol)
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jul 10, 2001 4:17 pm

Um. Yeah. Just testing of course LOL

Sorry yeah it was on the MD. If you look at the time I made the post then my comments may be understandable.

Anyway, as for SNES games there arnt too many that I personally would reccomend. None of the Dragon Ball games for a start, forget one called Jerryboy too.

Super Contra was one of my favourites though and the first Donkey Kong Country game.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Tue Jul 10, 2001 4:22 pm

While it's true that I have a lot of SNES roms, my collection is sort of a mess.

When I first discovered emulation, SNES was the first system I was interested in emulating. It was then that I downloaded all of my roms.

With me being a newbie, I didn't quite know what I was doing - so I have some European roms, some English roms, some with bad checksums.

That's why I was downloading from Aceroms, I wanted to have a more organized collection.

I shouldn't have been so greedy and just downloaded the US roms, because I had only the first couple of letters, and I already had downloaded 300+ MB worth or roms (on my 56k) when Aceroms was forced to remove most of their console collection.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Pdaimaoh on Tue Jul 10, 2001 8:57 pm

Firefighters was a pretty cool game

got it from oneminuteleft.com

Snes is good in emulation for all the RPGs that are fan translated
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby RabidYak on Tue Jul 10, 2001 11:08 pm

While were recommending SNES games check out Super Punch Out, Batman Returns and Cybernator if you havent already.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby were on Thu Jul 12, 2001 8:23 am

emuchina has some rare ones, but they only allow so many people unregistered ones..very frusturating..heck..impossible to get on at all anymore
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Best ROM Sites