rom hunting secrets REVEALED

Decent ROMS,Fairly fast servers and easy navigation makes an Emu site worthy to post here

Postby adidas on Wed Jun 27, 2001 6:11 am

j/k

There are is no secret. I wrote a detailed description of how I find these roms for all of the people that ask how I find them. You wouldn't believe how many times people have asked me that.

I was too lazy to change all my html, but I have a link to it on the main page of my site.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Pdaimaoh on Wed Jun 27, 2001 9:02 am

use a search engine?

that was my old method, my new method is called "try 20 CDrs, or maybe my hard drive"
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby ivwshane on Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:14 am

You must have alot of patience adidas.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Jun 27, 2001 1:17 pm

I hardly ever find shit all using a search engine. THey dont seem to unearth the more undercover sites out there.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:14 am

I know, to tell you guys this sort of thing is stupid.

But I have people come to my site and request SNES roms and then be utterly amazed that I found it.

I decided to write down exactly what I do when I find a rom. Usually I don't have to go through all the lengths I have described (in fact seldom)

I just got tired of people asking "How did you find ....!"
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby RabidYak on Thu Jun 28, 2001 4:02 am

Damn, I suddenly had visions of the masked magician when I read the topic title. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:21 pm

LOL The masked magician LOL Poor ol' David Blane and his dodgy street magic eh?

No camera tricks are used during this program....yeah fucking right!!! And you can really fly cant you matey LOL

Anyway, I still dont know how you managed to track down Megatron Adidas, maybe we both tried the same things but you were a bit more observent than me. Actually, thats probably pretty much right. Nice one bruv [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:26 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverhaze:
<STRONG>LOL The masked magician </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I found even funnier was that Paul Daniels was on GMTV just after it was on sky having a right winge about it when you could clearly see he was shitting himself.

What made this even funnyer was that half the tricks looked like they were made-up about 10 minuites before they recorded ths show.

[ 28 June 2001: Message edited by: RabidYak ]
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:10 pm

LOL Yeah I remember now, the whole thing looked pretty shoddy! LOL

There are only a few tricks that I would like to see uncovered. Two of which are the one where he throws cards at a car window and one card gets stuck on the other side and the one where he pulls the car's tax disc out through the wind screen.

The first one wouldnt surprise me if there was a mechanism on the inside of the car that flicked a card up onto the glass at the right time and the second one is probably a similar thing in reverse and he has a disc hidden up his sleeve to replace it with.

LOL Love the Killalot pic Adidas!
Is there a weight restriction in Battlebots? If not I think we should send our house robots over to wreak havok with that stupid stainless steel spider thing LOL

[ 29 June 2001: Message edited by: Silverhaze ]

[ 29 June 2001: Message edited by: Silverhaze ]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Fri Jun 29, 2001 4:26 pm

Robot Wars - THE REAL ROBOT WARS are coming to the U.S.! I read it at the web site.

I don't think there's a maximum weight limit in the heavyweight division on Battle Bots.

Another thing to watch is on Junkyard Wars they're having a Brittish vs. the U.S. episode! It's airing July 4th here, I don't know if and when you'll be able to see it.

wow, how off topic was that? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby adidas on Sat Jun 30, 2001 1:43 am

I have to give the UK people more credit than I previously did. The tasks that they had to perform were usually harder.

example: Raising a mini from a lake using parts scavenged from a junkyard. How hard is that! Of course one of the team's machines didn't work, it's a miracle one of them worked!

I think it will be a pretty even match up. I wonder what machines they will attempt to build?

=============================
http://tlc.discovery.com/tuneins/faceoff.html

Haha yes!! The goal is to smash a VW Golf into as small an object as possible [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And I've seen both of the contenders compete in previous episodes, the Megalomaniacs (the UK team) are tough to beat.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Silverhaze on Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:25 am

I dont think anybody cares about off topic around here any more LOL

WICKED Adidas thanks for the news, I'll get over to the site and check that out.

You lot will probably beat us in that junkyard wars thing though as our lot were so shit the last time I watched it. Still, you never know eh.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby Damian on Sat Jun 30, 2001 6:13 am

I have only seen a few snippets of Junkyard wars before, but not much else.

Are the episodes the same? I presume they are. Is the main funding for the series American or British?
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby adidas on Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:43 pm

Both the US and British episodes are the same. If it weren't for the different accents, you wouldn't be able to tell which episode was produced where.

I think the series is originally British, though.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby jurucyber on Sat Jun 30, 2001 8:24 pm

We should all bow our heads in shame.We unleashed Ann Roninson onto your country.
We are deeply,truly sorry .... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
jurucyber
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby adidas on Sat Jun 30, 2001 10:12 pm

Who is that?
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Damian on Sun Jul 01, 2001 8:24 am

She is the gingered haired woman who presents "The weakest Link". I have never liked it, and shut it off from day 6 (maybe 7?). Apparently it has been a big success in the US which I find very hard to believe as it is utter shit (even worse than wheel of fortune). I am not going to explain the dumb rules but you might tell it by this dead dog "You are the weakest link, fuck off" ok it is actually goodbye but even if they did say fuck off it would still be shit.

I was quite surprised that they did not convert it to american like they did with who wants one in 16 millionth chance of being a millionaire but I think now I understand why. American female hosts would not be nearly as bitchy as this cunt.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby adidas on Sun Jul 01, 2001 10:33 am

Oh, right. The Weakest Link. I've never seen it myself, it gets ok ratings from what I hear. I don't think it's doing exceptionally well.

The only quiz show that I ever watch is good ol' Jeopardy, every once in a while.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby Damian on Sun Jul 01, 2001 6:05 pm

Good, very good. Hope it flops.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Pdaimaoh on Mon Jul 02, 2001 1:31 am

because of raging stupidity and all, television execs in america are afraid to try new things (as well they should until they pick up talent that isn't blind and retarded)
so they are trying to steal anything they can from the euros and anyone else that has anything to gank

survivor? who wants to be annoyed? weakest link? isn't battle bots stolen, too? and what about that who's line is it? show?

barring those rip offs, how about something that probably ISN'T stolen...I can't even remember the name, but it's a comedy about some dude that wanted to be a sports announcer, and in his daily life, as things happen, he hallucinates gaming officials making play calls about what's going on...

so a chick shoves her tongue down his throught or something, and this football ref blows a whistle and says 'illegal use of tongue, loss of second date'

this show will not live past the initial 13 episodes, I hope they are smart and only do a halfie, and fucking kill it after day two

since cable stations have already bought up old rerun stuff, the broadcast channels have to create new things, and they suck at that (or rather they gotta PICK new ideas from smart people, but instead they pick the idiotic ideas)
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby Damian on Mon Jul 02, 2001 4:35 am

All those above shows are correct, but I thought we got survivor from you?

We have stolen a fair few of your shows as well. We have Wheel of Fortune, urr and probably loads of others but I have none to hand at the moment.

Do you have an American version of Have I got news for you? Probably not.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jul 03, 2001 2:10 pm

Comedy comedy comedy.

Fraiser, Have I got news for you, They think its all over and sometimes The Larry Sanders Show. A few others I cant think of right now but I like those ones ok.

Married with children?!? Rosanne?!? And jurucyber thinks WE should bow our heads in shame. LOL Ahh well.

Weakest link LOL is all I can say. Oh and poor english gramma too. Every school boy knows that of the last 2 contestants one of them is 'The weaker link' not 'The weakest link' like our ginger headed wart merchant likes to say. LOLOL Sorry, saw that one in Viz and couldnt resist it.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby were on Wed Jul 04, 2001 7:45 am

thought the weakest link is doin very well...i think fear factor is a piece of crap....geezus...anything for ratings..:-(
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Next

Return to Best ROM Sites