Direct Connect

Decent ROMS,Fairly fast servers and easy navigation makes an Emu site worthy to post here

Direct Connect

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Oct 02, 2001 2:13 pm

I'm happy to leech of the homies for now LOL
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Direct Connect

Postby adidas on Tue Oct 02, 2001 3:49 pm

I guess I would be too. I can't get much from Alliance, the ftps they post seem to die quickly
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Direct Connect

Postby adidas on Tue Oct 02, 2001 5:13 pm

OK, Let me first say if you have a method that works for you for downloading games and music, you're better off sticking with it because Direct Connect can be a pain in the ass. I can't say that I like it too much, but that is because it is basically built for people with fast connections, and I don't have one. It's good enough that I figured I'd post about it so somebody else could try it if they wanted.

Direct Connect is a peer to peer program. It works differently than most though. You open up the software and it connects to the main server. This is the server that shows you the 'hubs' You have to find a hub that suits your needs. There are hubs with rules, some without. Some of the rules may be: at least x amount of open slots for uploading, you have to share x gb, no 56k...

There are hubs for Dreamcast, PSX, Movies, Music, PC games or a mix of any of those.

So you connect to a hub (I'm pretty sure these are hosted on people's personal computers) and you see a list of connected users. You just browse what they have. It's like a chat room that you can download things from.

If anyone wants to try it, knock yourself out:
http://www.neo-modus.com
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Direct Connect

Postby KoHC on Wed Oct 03, 2001 12:41 pm

I would try that one out too........

Oh yea try out Morpheus too. It's pretty good especially if you have high speed connection. It's still the same peer to peer download but it allows you to download one file from mulitple users. I can download almost everything I want at 70-100kb/sec on my cable modem. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Edit:

Even if you have 56k modem you can still get the max speed download from your modem. My friend tried it and love it. Download happly @ 5.4kb/sec. Max for his modem.

[ 03 October 2001: Message edited by: KoHC ]
KoHC
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Direct Connect

Postby Silverhaze on Wed Oct 03, 2001 1:09 pm

Git!

I've actually had my modem go faster than that at times but not often. I use morpheus more at work and use homieswarez.net for all my ftp needs.

I've had super speeds from some of those ftps before now too. They also last a lot longer than the alliance ones.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Direct Connect

Postby adidas on Wed Oct 03, 2001 3:56 pm

I haven't been able to connect to Morpheus the past few days, I don't know what's going on [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Direct Connect

Postby Silverhaze on Thu Oct 04, 2001 1:20 pm

Morph is working fine for me. Maybe its your copy thats gone wrong.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Direct Connect

Postby adidas on Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:25 pm

Yeah, I've been to lazy to update it, maybe I should do that.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Best ROM Sites