O.k. my ftp is up

Decent ROMS,Fairly fast servers and easy navigation makes an Emu site worthy to post here

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby ivwshane on Fri Sep 21, 2001 2:13 am

DamianMoran what ftp program are you using? Alot of people (ok 2 of my friends) have been having problems using cuteftp and when they switch to smartftp everything seems fine. Email me and I will setup an account just for you and we will see if that fixes the problem.

[ 20 September 2001: Message edited by: ivwshane ]
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby Damian on Fri Sep 21, 2001 3:42 am

Just call me Damian 'ho! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] I was using LeapFTP. I'll take you up on that e-mail offer though just in case that fixes the problem [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby adidas on Fri Sep 21, 2001 4:11 am

I get in fine using Leap FTP, Damian.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Sep 21, 2001 2:51 pm

Yeah I got in just fine too using Leap and Bulletproof.

I find leap better though because if you have the whole address of the ftp and folder you can copy it and Leap does the rest for you.

Got mine connected at home downloading Mat Hoffman Pro BMX right now!!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby Damian on Fri Sep 21, 2001 8:18 pm

Ok, I tried my new account, the PCB one, and the Anon one with Smart FTP. They all reported this: 426 Error. Transfere aborted. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. (Their typo not mine).

BulletFTP also told me: Connection Refused.

So now I come up with this hypothesis. Thinking about it, the times I connected to your FTP before were on my other computer (200) and not this one (750). Although they both have the same OS, something on this computer seems to be incompatible with your ftp software. As I want the ROMs for this computer (750) this is a real pain in the butt and convinces me even more that Windows ME is a piece of lame dog shite.
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Sep 21, 2001 8:36 pm

Oh for fucks sake!!!

Why is it that when ever I start a download I have to baby sit the damn PC while it downloads. It rarely boots me off while I am there watching it but the second I leave for work in the morning the bastard stops downloading!

I cant work it out. It takes damn long enough to get a game with a constant connection anyway without having to fart about waiting til I get home to reconnect.

Luckily, I downloaded the majority of the 26 or so 20mb files that make up this game at work and burned them to a disc leaving only the last 6 files to get tonight. Best not piss me about with lame ass 1.5kb download speeds.

Hhhmph!!

I know its all free but this game isnt coming out in the UK. Other than throwing my credit card number around on the net, this is the only way I can ever get to play this game and I cant find a reliable ftp.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby adidas on Sat Sep 22, 2001 2:16 am

Have you two with the ftp's checked your MAME roms with Romcenter?
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby adidas on Sat Sep 22, 2001 6:12 am

I just wanted to know if you audited them before I downloaded too many more [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I don't even have MAME on my computer right now, I've just been downloading the roms.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby ivwshane on Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:11 am

For those who are trying to access my mame roms sorry but because of the limited space they are only up when I'm on my computer.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby adidas on Sat Sep 22, 2001 4:55 pm

Doh!

For some reason I get better speeds off of you than I do off of Sabin.

And some of Sabin's roms don't work! [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby ivwshane on Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:19 pm

No I haven't checked it with romcenter, that's why I use mame32, it's easy to see what games I don't have and which ones don't pass the audit.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby ivwshane on Sat Sep 22, 2001 11:06 pm

I checked some games with romcenter and it broke them [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img] So I'll just stick to the internal mame auditor.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby adidas on Sun Sep 23, 2001 5:21 am

Oops. My mistake. I think the roms I got from Sabin work, but I haven't gotten to some of the parent sets yet.

I think I remember him mentioning that he was going to check them with Romcenter anyway.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

O.k. my ftp is up

Postby Damian on Wed Sep 26, 2001 10:23 pm

HaHa, just discovered a bit ago why I couldn't get on your FTP. My damn firewall was blocking access! I am so used to its alerts I don't even bother looking at them, but today I was wondering more about the "software" bit. I have the same firewall on my other comp, but it is the Pro version which is obviously a bit more refined than the freebie and recognised that your IP pingback was not a port scan etc. Looking forward to that NES collection especially [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Damian
PCB Ultimate Emulator
PCB Ultimate Emulator

Previous

Return to Best ROM Sites