Where can I find some PC-Engine CD games?

Decent ROMS,Fairly fast servers and easy navigation makes an Emu site worthy to post here

Where can I find some PC-Engine CD games?

Postby KoHC on Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:12 am

I'm looking for a really old RPG game call "Far East of Eden" for PE-CD system. I doubt anyone will know this because it's JPN only game. But the story and the music in that game is awesome.

Anyone know where I can find it?
KoHC
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby were on Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:24 pm

there are many pce uploads in ivwshanes's directory....i not sure if i uploaded the game or not :o
Zep wrote:yes, i am drunk, but did I loot? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby ivwshane on Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:52 am

Nope, unfortunately I don't have any pce cd based games.
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby were on Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:09 am

ill check my "stash" of games and see if i have it 8)

Ivwshane, thats probably the thing next thing u should go after once u done getting either the segaCD games or ur snes collection..their alot of pce cd games, which are not that big of a size(a bit of a pain to burn with 2 or more cues,iso's)..plus the graphics are not to shabby,a la draculaX :wink:
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby ivwshane on Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:48 am

Maybe but where would I even find them?
At least a ton of people have heard of sega cd even less have heard of pce.

How many cd based games do you reckon came out?
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby KoHC on Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:50 am

Dunno how many PCE CD games are out there. Only a handful of those actually available to US and Eurpoe. Most of those are JPN only. :(

Street Fighter 2 PCE version is very nice. The graphic and sound is almost arcade-perfect. Far East of Eden team up with Roland to make their music & sound effect (and the music in that game is sweet). Of course the famous DraculaX.

Other games that some people might know are: Y's IV, Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury 2 and Special, Yu-Yu Hakusho (based on popular jap anime)...

There are many excellent side scroll shooters on PCE as well. Too bad most of them never get into the U.S. market.

BTW, SNK's Kabuki Klash uses the characters from Far East of Eden. :P
KoHC
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby were on Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:51 pm

sheout....i only have one disk of pce iso's..the other one is at my other home, cause it had dragonball Z and far east of eden on it.

i found a few more pce iso's, but none to compare how many they are.Their must be at MOST a 100 of them(including the jap versions).Would the utility goodroms(that checks how many roms/cds in exsistence) know about this or if there is some way to contact them and find out?
were
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

ya missed some

Postby Pdaimaoh on Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:55 am

Dungeon Explorer and Dungeon Explorer 2!!!!!! neo nectaris, dragon slayer, cosmic fantasy! except for DE1 all are on the CD system! woohaa!

Y's book 1 and 2 as well!

Far East of Eden doesn't work on emulators, so you need to have a real turboCD/duo/system card to run a copy of it

I had two of them for a long time, but I deleted them, as my Duo was long past stolen from me, and since they are not emulated at that time, I said screw it

I remember wanting this game when Gamefan or EGM showed some screens of it, looked like RPG with Anime cel drawings for fights, and had some crazy pictures

likewise, when I was introduced to Neo Geo emulation, I had found out that Kabuki Klash was based off the series, I had to go get that game

sorry I rambled, and didn't help
I know I got one from a webpage, maybe even emuchina
if you can get on to newsgroups, the alt.binaries.emulators.tg16 used to have CD game floods and whole card floods all the time
Dracula X was a big one at that time, but someone put up a lot of the rarer US released games, and I got a japanese macross game from it
your best friend's drug dealer
Pdaimaoh
PCB Baron
PCB Baron

Postby KoHC on Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:27 pm

Crap, was hoping to play Far East of Eden I & II on the emulator. :(

My PC-CD died long times ago as well. Guess I'll wait til it's emulated and maybe I'll be able to find it again.
KoHC
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Return to Best ROM Sites