Ok, who changed the damn title?

Decent ROMS,Fairly fast servers and easy navigation makes an Emu site worthy to post here

Ok, who changed the damn title?

Postby neon_sonic on Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:22 pm

Hey, I'm back and with a brand new AMD Athlon XP PC. It's awesome and I now have 10x more space and I'd like to get some Neo Geo roms. I already have Metal Slug 4. I'm looking for newer titles, mainly, ones that will work with NeoRAGEx.
Last edited by neon_sonic on Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
neon_sonic
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby RabidYak on Sat Aug 17, 2002 2:12 pm

Usuall Suspects - http://www.emuchina.net, http://www.emulition.com, [url]speksnk.metropoliglobal.com[/url] and a few overs you can find in threads below.

Two pieces of advice though -

1) Get rid of NRX immediatly, there is no reason why anyone should still be using that shitty excuse for an emulator in this day and age.

2) Make sure you get some decent monster hardware games that are going to make use of that processor, NG stuff is hardley a worthy test of a beefy new machine like that.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby neon_sonic on Sat Aug 17, 2002 4:31 pm

Hehe... yeah. I'm gonna be getting some good PC games, soon. You mean I should use MAME, right? I haven't tried that yet on my new machine, but when I tried it on my old PC, it wouldn't work.
neon_sonic
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby RabidYak on Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:02 pm

MAME, Nebula, Kwaks - Take your pick, they are all better for NG then that outdated hatchet job.

Dont bother waiting until you get some new PC games, the power monsters from MAME are a better way to see how good your machine really is. The Atari Poly games, the top end Midway Wolf-Unit stuff, Taito F3 and anything that uses a 32-bit processor are the big punishers.

If 3D is your cup of tea you can always check out Zinc and Viva now as well.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby neon_sonic on Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:27 pm

I tried Kawaks, and while it did seem like it was a better choice than NRX, I'm having trouble with it. It's not detecting any of my roms. Do they have to be a certain file name?
neon_sonic
PCB Landlord
PCB Landlord

Postby RabidYak on Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:26 pm

Nip over to http://www.romcenter.com and get yourself a copy of ROM Centre and the NEO GEO data file, those will tell you if anything is wrong with your sets.

If your trying to feed it sets that youve been using with NRX, you probably wont get very far. Pratically all of those sets have been replaced with better dumps and/or renamed over the last couple of years. Any NRX-compatable sets of newer games have are probably hacked pieces of crap that probably wont be much use anywhere else.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Return to Best ROM Sites