Emulation today

ROM not loading? Computer crashing? discuss it here

Emulation today

Postby Zep on Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:31 pm

I remember back in 1998 when I first stumbled upon my sweetheart's "ZSnes" CD. I couldn't believe that I could actualy play Super Nes games on my computer. Although not the same as actualy hooking up the system to a TV and playing with the original controlers, it gave me a warm feeling knowing that I could play any game for that console.
A quick search on the Internet showed that not only could I also play any Nes, Master System, Amiga, Atari, Megadrive or even most Arcade games made me titter like the school kid that I was.

Today, almost a decade on, emulation still pleases me the same way it did back then. I can only hope that the makers of ZSnes, Mame, Gens etc.. know that there are people out there who really appreciate there work which keeps good quality games available in a market that is ever growing into a technological stampede.

I can only hope that, with the help of more powerful hardware, that "next gen" systems get the emulation treatment so that games enthusiasts will be able to still play their favourite old games.

Nostalgic graphics shouldn't be laughed at, for how would we have got where we are today without them?
God gave me everything I want!

Zep
PCB King
PCB King

Postby ivwshane on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:58 pm

If you like old school (who doesn't) then from what I have heard you will like the revolution, which apparently is just one big emulator.

Get your nintendo roms while you can!
ivwshane
PCB Conqueror
PCB Conqueror

Postby Silverhaze on Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:14 pm

Well said Zep! Im of the same opinion.

We have to remember that these developers are trying to rush things too much.

How many years was it in between the SNES or Genesis being a console everybody owned and it becoming emulated? Lets say 10 years for argument's sake shall we?

Now, when we get 10 years from the date that the PS2 and others were owned by everybody we should have PC technology that will be more than capable of playing and enhancing those games. All these Gamecube/PS2 etc efforts are trying to run before they can walk in my opinion.

We dont need them yet and we dont have the PCs to do it anyway.
For the people who are still alive.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Emulation Woes