Nintendo Play Choice problems

ROM not loading? Computer crashing? discuss it here

Postby Silverhaze on Fri Jul 13, 2001 3:14 pm

Right, I'm having a problem with some of the playchoice games. Some I can get to work but others will not start. The games work ok, I just cant seem to find the correct button to get them going. I can insert coins to boost up the time ok but thats it.

Also, I remember when I was about 11 to 13 year old roughly and my local arcade had Sidearms, Bad Dudes, Double Dragon and a few others, one of which was Super Mario Bros. This was the first time I ever saw it was definately NOT a Play Choice game as it never had all the text screens and you paid for lives and not time. I was wondering why this was not in mame?

Is there anyway to erradicate that green screen too?
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby RabidYak on Fri Jul 13, 2001 11:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverhaze:
<STRONG>Right, I'm having a problem with some of the playchoice games. Some I can get to work but others will not start. The games work ok, I just cant seem to find the correct button to get them going. I can insert coins to boost up the time ok but thats it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Theres a simple solution to not knowing the buttons, look at the "Input (this game)" section in the TAB menu.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
<STRONG>Also, I remember when I was about 11 to 13 year old roughly and my local arcade had Sidearms, Bad Dudes, Double Dragon and a few others, one of which was Super Mario Bros. This was the first time I ever saw it was definately NOT a Play Choice game as it never had all the text screens and you paid for lives and not time. I was wondering why this was not in mame?</STRONG>

It is - http://www.mame.dk/gameinfo/suprmrio/ . It runs on the other NES arcade system, the VSNES.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
<STRONG>Is there anyway to erradicate that green screen too?</STRONG>

No.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Nukey Shay on Sat Jul 14, 2001 12:00 pm

Default keys for all PC games...
Press 5 for more time (you know that bit).
Enter is the zero key, use it to select the game listed in the first slot (it will be the only one listed).
When you can see the game screen below the P.C. screen, use 1 for select and 2 for start.
LCTRL & LALT are buttons A & B, and the mouse can be used for lightgun games.

--------------------

I prefer the VS games over PC.
Nukey Shay
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Postby Silverhaze on Sun Jul 15, 2001 4:07 pm

Yak I did try all that stuff before I posted here and only found out afterwards that all I needed to do was push start on player 2's pad. Dunno why, I've got the buttons assigned properly. Ahh well its sorted now anyway. Cheers for the help especially for those vs roms, dunno how I never found them before but I'm gonna hit SMB in a mo and thats me sorted until its completed!!
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Return to Emulation Woes