Here's another MAME-related woe

ROM not loading? Computer crashing? discuss it here

Postby adidas on Tue Jun 26, 2001 2:15 am

After discovering that the mouse works very well in the DOS build of MAME, I got the Emu Loader front end and I was using the DOS version exclusively for about a day.

I played a few games that I like, and then set it down for a while and came back to it. The same games that I was playing are now causing MAME to crash right after it loads their roms. It only happens on two or three games.

So I restarted my computer. That didn't work.

I downloaded the pentium-optimized version of the DOS build, that did the same thing.

I downloaded the MAMEW version, both unoptimized and optimized and they did the same thing.

Any ideas? I don't know why the DOS version would work fine for about half a day, and then decide it doesn't want to play GI Joe or Food Fight. I haven't changed anything on my computer since I got the DOS build.

If only I could get the mouse to work in MAME32, I wouldn't have to deal with this. Besides, I like that Emu Loader front end.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Postby RabidYak on Tue Jun 26, 2001 6:01 am

Ill have to look into that MAME32 mouse problem later in the week, it must have something to do with the control settings.

[ 26 June 2001: Message edited by: RabidYak ]
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:09 pm

I think I mentioned this somewhere before but I might as well do it again.

I found that if I disabled the two joystick tick boxes in the default options before loading a trackball game the mouse worked ok. I did find that, for some reason, the irritating maze only allowed diagonal movement of the ball from top left to bottom right.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Postby adidas on Tue Jun 26, 2001 5:32 pm

Never mind. It wasn't a MAME problem, it was more of an Emu Loader problem.
adidas
PCB Emperor
PCB Emperor

Return to Emulation Woes