Woe is me once again!!

ROM not loading? Computer crashing? discuss it here

Woe is me once again!!

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Jun 25, 2001 3:55 pm

Right, I spent days taking snapshots of all my games in mame recently and I finally finished the job. My happiness lasted only for a few days though as I decided to play Metal Slug 2. The game crashed or something went wrong and when I re-loaded mame I found all my snap shots wernt working. They are all still there and I've tried looking at them in photoshop and they all seem to be in order.

So far I have tried looking at the directories settings and its definately pointing to the right place. I've looked throught the various menus and buttons in mame and can find nothing that relates to the snap shots. I couldnt find a config file for mame though so I had an idea that it might have been a problem with that.

I also tried deleting a snap shot and re-doing it and it still didnt seem to work.

Anybody else had this problem?

---------------------------
I am loyal to my employer at all costs. Please feel free to respond to my resume on my office voice mail. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Woe is me once again!!

Postby Jewboy on Mon Jun 25, 2001 6:43 pm

Damn, gotta help you out again! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
In mame32/stretchmame goto options - directories, scroll though the list till you find snapshots then browse your directory, then ok or go through the other stuff like roms(you can have multiple directories here and in some other settings), artwork, samples and do the same process again.

BTW forgot to add, exit and restart mame before trying a game because if it crashes mame all your settings will be lost and you'll have to do it again.

[ 25 June 2001: Message edited by: Jewboy ]
Jewboy
PCB Resident
PCB Resident

Woe is me once again!!

Postby Silverhaze on Mon Jun 25, 2001 7:12 pm

I tried re-doing the directory settings but it still doesnt seem to want to work.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Woe is me once again!!

Postby RabidYak on Mon Jun 25, 2001 11:05 pm

You havent set the image panel to show Flyers/Cab/Marq have you? Just keep clicking on it until the screenshots come back.
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Woe is me once again!!

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:45 am

Yak!!! You are a fucking god!!! How do you do it? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

How stupid do I feel right now? LOL
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Woe is me once again!!

Postby Nukey Shay on Tue Jun 26, 2001 8:27 am

Did that myself once lol. If you set it to display game history in the GUI, it will show up below snapshots (to make it easy to see if it is displaying them).

--------------------
Sure wish there was a way to display all four pics at the same time (besides combining them, I mean)
Nukey Shay
PCB Newbie
PCB Newbie

Woe is me once again!!

Postby Silverhaze on Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:05 pm

I didnt even know that mame had that facility. I dont remember seeing it anywhere in the readme.

While we are on the subject of getting deeper into mame can anybody post their config settings?

Jewboy has a P500 I think and always told me that he gets pretty much perfect performance with CPS2 games in mame. I get choppy performance in some of them and was wondering if I could tweak any settings to get better performance.

ALso, how do you configure the gun in Operation Thunderbolt. I tried test mode using F2 and a few other things but it always tells me I need to set the gun up before playing.
Silverhaze
Master Of The Universe

Woe is me once again!!

Postby RabidYak on Tue Jun 26, 2001 5:59 pm

Dont worry SH, I heard worse then that at EMUX (well, more annoying anyway).
RabidYak
PCB King
PCB King

Return to Emulation Woes